Then he says something that completely and utterly shocks me to the core.

"The list was just an excuse to talk to you because I didn't have the guts. Especially not when it came to someone so perfect. And I fell in love. And you fell back. And we caught each other and we're going to have the best life together imaginable. I can't wait to marry you, buy a house with you, have kids with you, and grow old with you. That's my list, Ally. Those 4 things. It will happen to us. I know it because you are meant for me 100%."

Tears fall from my eyes. I kiss him while laughing slightly, happier than I ever have been.

He kisses me back, softly, smiling into the kiss. He pulls away first and hands me a pair of sunglasses. We both put a pair on and then watch.

The sun suddenly peaks through the ground. Slowly, over about the course of half an hour, it rises.

I sigh, happy, and content.

In a little bit, it started to rain.

Parker looks at me from across the tent and smiles devilishly. "Number 47!" He says.

He grabs my hand and drags me out.

He sets his hands on my waist after taking my hands and putting them around his neck.

I stare into his honey eyes.

"There's no music," I whisper.

"We don't need it." He tells me, before placing a soft kiss on my lips. We begin to sway slowly. And at one point he dips me and winks at me before kissing me again.

I rest my head against his chest and listen to his heartbeat. The beat is fast. It's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard, better than the music we didn't need.

"Do you hear that? How fast you make my heart race?" He asks me. My heart melts. I begin to cry. He looks at me. "Why are you crying?" He asks.

"I just love you so much." I babble. He smiles again.

"And I love you, always."

.

.

.

We watched the sunset.

8 things left on the list.

But I'm not scared anymore. Because I love Parker, and I know that he loves me.

We'll go to school. We'll come home and take care of Jordan.

We've been talking about moving in with each other. Since Laney is moving into Sam's apartment, he's going to move in with me, and I couldn't be happier because the thought of waking up every morning to his face is delightful.

Now, going home, a comfortable silence around Parker and me as he drives with one hand and has the other intertwined with mine, I feel calm and happy.

I feel at peace. With myself. With everything. It felt like there was never anything wrong with me or my past. I never had an addiction, my parents were out of my mind, and my best friend never killed herself. That's what it felt like.

But it wasn't reality.

And as a cruel reminder decided to come my way, that was when the other car slammed into ours.

.

Everything felt hazy.

Like I was having a really good dream.