1

-----------------------------

It all started around late in May. My life changing that is.

I'd forever be used to not being good enough, half did I know, half did I not. My mind was set. I knew where I was going, what I'd be doing, that is until May 14th.

The day I met Parker West.

"Ally! Coffee spill, do you mind getting it for me?" My roommate asks as the doorbell rings. I nod and stand. I grab a paper towel and start cleaning the counter slowly. In comes Sam, Laney's boyfriend.

"Babe!" Laney squeals, pulling him to her in a hug. I smile down at the paper towel. Their love for each other is so visible.

"Hey L." He says. "Hey Ally." He greets. I look up, sending a small wave. I throw the paper towel out and lean against the counter, pulling out my phone and replying to my cousin.

"I can't believe Kehls and Ryder just started school." She states. They talk about these two people a lot. I have yet to meet them, but they seem okay.

"They just wanted time to spend with each other before multi-tasking. I guess every one of her new roommates did the same thing. Weird." He says. I see her nod.

"That is odd. She better not replace me." She says, and he laughs.

"One of them is her old friend, Laila." He says.

"Bitch better not square up, that's my best friend." She replies lowly. I laugh to myself as I continue texting.

"Hey Ally, when did you start college?" Sam asks me. I look up.

"As soon as high school ended. I wanted to get out of the hell hole called a small town." I tell him. He laughs, nodding, agreeing.

"Ooh. We're gonna be late. See you later, Ally!" Laney says with a smile on her face, hooking her arm with Sam's and dragging him out. He waves to me quickly before disappearing. I chuckle lowly. They're perfect for each other.

The door suddenly opens again.

"Oh and Ally, you should get out more." Laney states before shutting the door. I stare at where she was just moments before for what seems like minutes. She's right. I should.

For now, I'll stick to school.

I grab my backpack from my bedroom, throwing in random folders - I don't know which is which because I'm so obsessed with the color Mint Green that they're all the same - and shut my backpack after carefully placing my MacBook in there.