26- 44&47

Anywhere from 4 to 8 chapters left. Jesus.

44- watch the sunset/rise
47-dance in the rain

"You were red and you liked me 'cause I was blue. But you touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky, and you decided purple just wasn't for you."

-Colors, Halsey

.

.

I wake to Parker shaking me urgently. My eyes snap open.

"What? What?!" I ask quickly. "Are you okay?! Is it Jordan?"

I notice it's dark out, but just a tiny tiny tint of light out.

"Let's go watch the sunrise. It's on the list, and then we can watch it set tonight." He tells me. I let out a breath.

"Don't scare me like that, Parker!" I snap at him.

"Shhh. Come on, baby girl." He says, taking my hand and forcing me to follow him out. My heart melts.

I have been feeling anxious lately.

I know that we already talked about what would happen when the list was over, but there were only 10 things left, one of which we were about to do, so 9.

I love him. A lot.

I'm scared that he's going to leave.

I squeeze his hand tighter. He smiles at me, and I give a weak one in return.

I can see it on his face that he can tell something is bothering me, but he doesn't say anything for now.

We go to the deck and sit down. I take my flip-flops off and dip my feet in the water, lying my head on his shoulder and watching across the water. The sky slowly and gradually is turning lighter.

"What's wrong, Ally? For the past few days, you keep thinking about something at random times. Tell me what's on your mind, Princess."

I inwardly sigh at his words.

"I-I know we talked about this but... The list is almost done." I whisper. He laughs quietly.

"I don't get why that stresses you so much. You should be glad it's almost over. That'll mean you've done all those things." He says.

"I noticed a fault in the list. One of the numbers said, 'Let go of my past'. I realized that Melinda never did let go of her past." I tell him. "I just... I don't know. The only reason we ever spoke was because of the list."

"No, it was not, Ally." He laughs loudly.

"What do you mean?"

"Okay. Let me tell you my side of the story. So my friend Ty and I walk into Starbucks after class. Our other friend was waiting for us at a table. We start walking there, and I do a scan of the room. My eyes land on the most beautiful thing I've ever seen: Allison Smith. Everyone knew her, obviously. She was so gorgeous that you couldn't not know her. She didn't even notice the attention she had. Guys talked about wanting to get with her, girls talked about wanting to look like her. I've heard it all. She was wearing a grey sweater, blue skinny jeans, and black boots, and was typing at a computer and sipping her drink. I was so distracted that my friend pushed me over to her, but I fell on the chair like an idiot. Your bag fell. I picked up the papers with you and saw the list. I scanned it really quickly and was surprised at it. But I didn't care about it either. I found it amusing almost but not sad at all. Cool. That one day you could do all these things with someone. And that's when you looked into my eyes for the first time. That's why I was so shocked, Ally. Not because you never went out like you said a few weeks ago, but because your eyes are my favorite color. Aqua blue. It was love at first sight, I just didn't know it." He tells me. Tears build in my eyes.