29

"I want you to want me to stay, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go."

-If You Don't Know, 5SOS

.
.
.
Three seconds can make a huge difference.

1.

Parker's form went back to normal, and he threw the ball.

The girl finally came to stand beside me. I turn to her, life in slow motion.

2.

"I fu-"

The ball made it in. Cheers erupted, but my ears were on what this girl had just told me.

"What?" I ask her quietly. People have Parker on their shoulders. They start to make their way to me. The girl grabs my wrist and tugs me away before everyone else can.

Parker stares at me with confusion.

She led me down a hall, it was silent.

"What do you mean by you fucked my boyfriend?" I ask her, my voice shaking.

"Last weekend. At that party, you said he could go to. We were both drunk, and.."

My ears rang. I stepped back from her.

"Ally, I'm really sorry," she whispers, but I can see her trying not to smirk, the satisfaction in her eyes at seeing me break.

I walk. Then I run.

There's no way.

No.

Why would he do this?

Why wouldn't he tell me?

Why would he lie?

How long has he been lying?

Did Parker West ever even love me? Or did he just want me because number 10 on the list is sex? Was this all a plan to fuck me?

But then why did he stay so long?

When you break trust, you have nothing to show for yourself.

Was what this girl saying to me true?