12 - Gone hiking / Jumped off a cliff

"I'm tryna break off a piece of mind that I can't get right."

-Piece of Mind, Kehlani.

.
.
.

"Truth or dare."

"Truth," I replied easily.

"Why have you never liked... Uh. Had. You know... Um... Why have you never like, smashed with anyone?" He blurts out quickly. I laugh freely.

"1. I'm ugly. 2. I was even uglier in high school. 3. I wanted to wait for someone that I fully heatedly loved. Genuinely. I've never really given myself the opportunity. Every time a guy would try with me, I'd push away. You're the first male I've like, ever spoken to aside from my brother and Raider." I state, looking up at the clouds above us.

"Raider?"

"Childhood best friend. Haven't seen him since freshman year. We still talk a few times a week, but I haven't seen him face to face in forever."

(A/N: Hi, I'm Elisia.)

"Bitch better square up. Your mine." He says, looking at the clouds as well. My eyes widen very slightly at his words. Is it wrong to like that? Being called his? No. Yes. Yes, it is wrong.

"Calm down, Parker," I mutter. "Your like, my only friend. Laney is my roommate Hendrik is just kind of an acquaintance."

"I don't care. I should get a sign and put it on you somewhere, reading: 'Property of Parker West, if found, return immediately.' Yeah.. yeah I like that." He thinks to himself. A smile grows over my face.

"You're so stupid." I breathe. He smiles.

And we just lay there, the sound of our breathing, the birds chirping, crickets sounding, trees creaking as they move with the slight wind. The trees were a magnificent green as of the moment.

For the shortest of time, I felt infinite.

"Let's go hiking." Parker randomly offers.

"Let's go hiking up to a mountain and jump off the cliff into like, water," I say. He smiles and gets up. He brushes his jeans before and helps me up. I brush mine off before we start getting what we need, according to him. Parker knows everything, I swear. Well, almost.

We change and then start walking, and a smile grows over my face as I inspect the beauty of the trees around us, sunlight peeking through, stunning me.

Eventually, we get to the clearing.

Something confuses me about it.

Off to the side, the wayside, there looks to be a sign or a shrine...?

I start walking to it.

In memory of Winter Star.

"Parker?" I call out.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"I don't think jumping here is safe. Someone died here." I tell him. His eyes widen.

"Ooooh. We're at Suicide Side. No, if we go to the left side it's safe. There are no rocks or anything over there. This spot over here is dangerous." He tells me. I nod and he leads me away from the shrine. Once we get to where he says it's safe, I take off my shirt and shorts.

He does the same.

CHIIIILLLL.

Remember I said we changed? God.

I have an aqua bikini on, and he has black trunks on. He looks me up and down a few times. "That color looks good on you." He says, still looking.

"My eyes are up here," I say, slightly cringing. He smiles and gives me one last once-over before simply jumping. I watch him yell out in excitement before he splashes into the water. When he surfaces, he whoops.

"Come on, Flower!" He yells up at me.

"Uh... I don't know.."

"Do you want to live or not?"

For some reason, when he says that, I hear Melinda's voice as well as his as if she were standing beside me.

I jump.

Adrenaline even better than ever soars through my body, taking flight like an eagle in the wind. I surface and smile at him, slightly shivering from how cold the water is. "Was that great or what?!" He asks, swimming over and pulling me in for a hug. I laugh into his chest.

"Yeah... Yeah, that was pretty great."

.
.
.

We were now back at the campsite, me lying down on the table while Parker 'properly takes care of my scars' for me.

"Why are you so afraid that I'm going to leave?" Parker asks quietly. My heartbeat is freaking out as I feel his breath on my leg as he continues to put whatever ointment he has on them. My leg slightly twitches.

"I don't like talking about myself," I whisper.

"Ally, I want to know about you, so I can stay."

God dammit.

"My mother died giving birth to me, my father left because he blamed me, Melinda... Parker everyone always winds up leaving me." I whisper.

"Ally, I'm not going to leave you."

"You say that now, but look at the facts, Parker. It's a list. A list, so you have amusement, a list so I can do all these things... But then what's next? What happens after the list is over? Done? Completed? There's going to be nothing to keep you here, to keep you amused."

"Ally. Whatever you think is what you think." He says. I sit up and face him. He holds a sad smile. "I'm still going to be here, no matter what. Think about days when we aren't​ doing a list thing. We chill out and still have fun. It'll be like that." He points out.

"You'll get bored eventually," I say with a laugh. "Guys like you always do."

"Guys... Like me?" He asks. He looks angry now. "Ally, what exactly do you mean?"

"I mean that guys like you get bored of the same thing! You're always going to parties, Parker, I've seen the Facebook posts. You do crazy things like go skydiving, hook up, or just have genuine fun. Parker, you're always doing something different whether or not you choose to believe it, or see it."

He looks genuinely shocked.

"I don't want that anymore." He says.

"You don't want what?"

"I don't want parties and skydiving and hooking up. Not anymore. I really don't want it." He tells me, leaving me shocked.

"Then what do you want?" I ask before I can stop myself.

...

"....You."

------------

I aaaaaaaaammmmmmmm sooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that this is so short aannnnddddd that this took f o r e v e r to freaking write and upload.

1. How do you think Jordan will fair in the hands of Laney?

2. Would you ever go cliff diving?

3. Do you like Poppy's new song? I sure as hell do!

4. Do you think Ally has a pretty valid reason as to why she believes he will wind up leaving her?

5. Do you think he'll eventually leave?

6. Do you guys want to know more about Parker's past. (I'll give you a hint: it isn't too good either)

7. What do you think Parker means by he wants her??

Till next time!

XoXo

-Elisia