20- Swam In a Public Pool / Had Sex

"So when you pull away, don't let the memories blind you, all of the things you chase, falling away behind you, is something you can't replace, chained to the love that bonds you, don't let the past remind you:
She's the last of her kind" 

-The Last of Her Kind, Alec Benjamin.

.

.

"I'm tireeeeed babe.", Parker whines as I throw him a towel.

We'd decided to call it quits on the roller coasters and go swimming while the fireworks happened. I'd rented out a public pool just for me and Parker.

I mean, it still counts.

And technically, I'd already been in a public pool: the one I'd had built for the basketball team and the rest of campus.

I approach him and wrap my arms around his neck. "So you don't want to see me in a bikini?" I ask, tilting my head slightly. His eyes widen.

"Let's go already, woman!"

"You're such a pervert," I mutter, going over to my bag and pulling out the bikini I got.

It's aqua colored. He inspects it, then nods. I roll my eyes and take the bikini back, going into the bathroom and changing. When I walk out, he puts a hand over his chest and shuts his eyes.

"Give me a second, you just keep taking my breath away." He states. I smile at his cheesiness, finding it charming and adorable, and ducking into his arms. He smiles against my neck, embracing me back.

"Shut up, you idiot." I giggle. I pull my arms around his neck again and just stare into his eyes. He smiles again. Finally, I softly press my lips to his. 

He responds instantly, and it turns into one of those kisses where I know he's stable for me. 

I can feel his emotion, the passion between us, and it's in these types of moments where I wonder if he's it for me, if he's the one person that'll never bring me pain, never hurt me, and love me unconditionally like I've always wanted.

Half of me says yes, and the other half screams no.

My heart says yes, that he's going to care about me and love me, but then there's that dark place in my mind that tells me I don't know, that he will wind up hurting me, that he'll meet someone prettier, smarter or dumber, someone who will give him their body easily because it isn't a big deal to them...

Or maybe I'm just being irrational.

He pulls away, a confused look on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asks. I shake my head, dismissing these thoughts.

"Nothing." I try to assure him, but it obviously doesn't work.

"Ally, our relationship is built of off me seeing 50 secrets of yours. I know your secrets, you know most of mine, the others I'm not just ready to tell you yet, so please, be honest with me?" He asks. I nod.

"You make me feel this way that I've never felt before, and.. I'm scared... not of the feeling, but that you're going to find someone prettier or smarter or even dumber and you'll leave me like everyone else." I whisper. He shakes his head, laughing.

"Ally, I want to assure you that that is never going to happen. One, you're literally a model, so obviously there isn't going to be ANYONE prettier than you. To me, you're even more gorgeous than other people will ever see you as. You have top grades, better than anyone's in our school except Aiden Rule, which, we all know he's a fucking.. never mind. That isn't important. Anyway, in a way, you're pretty stupid too."