Chapter 25: Say "I Do"

Gene's POV
I couldn't be any happier than I am right now. Everything for the weddings been planned. Aphmau of course wanted to help (do) with everything. Since Zane's father passed away, Zane's mother will be walking him down the isle. I thought she'd be so angry with us, but when Zane told her she broke out in tears. She kept hugging him and crying, "My zu-zu's all grown up!"
Zane glared at me the entire time because all I did was laugh. I'm so lucky to have a mother-in-law such as Zane's. She such a wonderful woman. She helped Aphmau with a lot of the planning. Aaron gave me a hug when he found out. He told me that he was planning on engaging to Aphmau next year, but wasn't sure. I told him of course he should. Aphmau would be so happy. I don't deserve such friends as them. I sigh, sitting down on the couch. In 48 hours I'll be married to the love of my life. I still can't believe he said yes. Of course I know what's to come with Zane and I being married, the whole homophobic scene. Zane and I chose the same wooded area that I proposed to him. Zane really wanted it because of the scenery and us.

The Wedding Day

Zane's POV
Oh my Irene I'm so nervous. Aphmau's been here trying to calm me down. Of course Garroths being super emotional. I hope he doesn't cry during the ceremony. Gene's best men are Aaron and Zenix. Since my father passed away, Garroth has begged to walk me down the isle instead of my mother. That is IF HE WILL STOP CRYING. Out of the corner I see Garroth and Aphmau crying like little babies. They can't see but I give them a small smile. I sigh deeply and pull myself together. Aphmau is of course my grooms maid and Garroth is my best man. I love them both so much. Of course not as much as Gene. Kidding. The wedding bells begin to ring and Garroth rushes to my side. He takes my arm in his and slowly begins to lead me down. Genes eyes widen and he smiles brightly. I blush and give him a small smile. I can't believe this is happening! Garroth drops me off across from Gene and joins Aphmau to my right. I turn to face Gene and the minister begins to recite.

"Do you, Gene (last name) take Zane to be your lawful wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And do you, Zane Ro'Meave, take Gene to be your lawful wedded husband?"

"I do."

"You may now kiss the groom."

Gene pulls me close and kisses me softly. I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck. The crowd bursts with cheers. I couldn't be happier. I'm finally married to the man I love.

Yes Gene, I do forgive you.