Chapter 12

Rocky's POV
I feel my eyes fill up with tears and let go of Becky's hands. I wipe my eyes. "It's fine." My eyes find the clock. "Shit!"
"What?" Becky says.
"We have class in a half an hour!" I rush upstairs and into my room. I look at myself in the mirror. F it know one at school saw me wearing this yesterday. I sniff the shirt that I was wearing. It doesn't smell too bad. I quickly brush my teeth and find Becky in her room. She was picking out an outfit.
"Hurry!" I yell to her.
"Geez take a chill pill! I'm going as fast as I can!"

Becky's POV
I follow Rocky upstairs and we get ready as quickly as we can. We have Mr. Taggart first and he doesn't appreciate when we are late. One time John was two minutes late and he gave a lecture on why you should never be late. Ever. We rush downstairs and I find Dean looking in our fridge.
"You hungry?" I say laughing.
"No I'm fine." He says closing the fridge door.
"We really can't be late. I'll call you." I say putting on my boots.
"Yeah."
When I stand up Dean is standing in front of me and I bring him in for a goodbye kiss. "You coming?" Rocky says ruining the moment.
Rocky, Dean and I walk out the door. I give dean a kiss on the cheek and we go our separate ways.

Dean's POV
I walk to the nearest coffee shop. Starbucks. Starbucks? Who names a coffee shop Starbucks? I walk inside and find Adeline standing behind the counter wearing tights, a high waisted skirt a Stay Green shirt tucked in and a waist apron.
"Adeline?" I say walking up to the counter.
"Oh hi Dean. What can I do for you?"
"Um..." I say looking at the board hanging on the wall. "What's a Mocha Frappe chino?"
"It's a chocolate coffee slushy thing."
"Huh. I have a large hot coffee please."
"No problem. That will be 10.99" I hand her a twenty. She hands me change and I stand there waiting.
"Um Dean?"
"Yeah?"
"There's a line. You get your coffee at that end."
"Oh. Thanks. I'll see you around Adeline."
"Yeah." She says as the next customer walks up.

Adeline's POV
"Hey Jenny, can you get this next customer for me?"
"Yeah sure."
"Thanks."
"Dean wait up!" I say catching him before he leaves.
"Yeah?" He says sipping the coffee.
"When I woke up this morning Sam was gone. Did he go back to the motel?"
"Yeah he's working a case in Vermont."
"Oh. Ok. Well if he calls will you tell him that I need to talk to him."
"Did you call him?"
He looks up.
"It when straight to voice mail." I say
"Yeah sure."
"Thanks."
I walk back over to Jenny. "I'm gonna head to school. I'll see you tomorrow." Jenny is my supervisor who is super cool. She decided not to go to college because it wasn't her thing she's a really laid back person and she has become like a sister to me. I told her about Sam.
"Hey? Movie night I'll bring popcorn." Jenny calls after me.
"Yeah, I'll call you after school."

Sam's POV
I needed to leave. There is a case in Vermont. I think. There was a murder of a old man at night in a barn. To me it sounds like a ghost. Easy enough. My phone buzzes I pick it up and see  Dean calling.
"Hey. What's up?" I ask.
"Hey so I ran into Adeline at Starbucks and she said she called you but no answer. I told her that I would call you."
"Did you tell her about the case?" I ask staring down the street lined by trees and red barns.
"Yeah. Did you?"
"No. I just left."
"You didn't leave a note or anything?" Dean says surprised.
"No but since when you care about girls?"
"I do care about girls I'm just concerned about you Sammy."
"I'm fine it's just-"
"I don't understand. You found something good and you just leave." He say cutting me off.
"Dean... when has something good end in a good way?"
"Just try. Please you need this."
"I have a case to work on." I say then hang up the phone.
A few hour later I get to a motel. My room smells and has mountain wall print. There is one big bed and a deer head hanging on the wall across from the bed. Under the deer head is a desk. I place my computer on the desk and I toss my bag on the bed.
Let's get started. I think to myself as I open my computer.

Adeline's POV
School was nice. It was good to get back in routine. I didn't think about him. I'm not even going to say his name. He left not me. I get home and immediately go over to my bed and pull out my homework, I have so much. College is hard. I have around 3 hours and Jenny is coming over later. Just as I pull out my pencil to start writing there is a pling sound that comes from my phone. I pick it up and I want it to be Sam but it's Jenny. It reads :HEYYYY! I'm so sorry boo! I totally forgot that I have dinner with my parents and Dave tonight! Sorry! Love you lots. —Jen. I text back: No problem! I have loads of homework tonight anyway. Love you lots! I'll see you tomorrow! Good luck!- Addie.

Dave is Jen's boyfriend and the meeting of the parents is tonight, she usually forgets when she get nervous.
I finish algebra in around 30 minuets but I still have American history, I have to work on my logo for photography class (we are making websites) I have to start working on my physics paper that is due next week and... I believe that's it. Oh and I have to read for 30 minuets ever day.
By the time I'm done all of the work it's 11:30 I started at 4. There was definitely some procrastination in there somewhere. I'm tired. I get ready for bed and pull out my book: The mysterious incident of the dog in the nighttime. My favorite I've read is maybe 10 times. After I read I set my alarm and I finally get to lay my head down on the pillow.
"Shoot. I forgot to eat dinner!" I say to myself as I drift off to lovely sleep.