chapter 18.

WE HIT THE 700 FOLLOWERS MILESTONE! OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! THERES A LARGE NOTE ON MY ACCOUNT ABOUT HOW THANKFUL I AM. CHECK IT OUT IF YOU WANT! x

Harry and Louis got back to the cottage close to Manchester, were both parents waited for new information. they all stood in a group by the entrance to the house, surrounded by police. the car stops. all eyes were on them. Harry got out of the car and opened the backseat-door, lifting Louis out of the car.

the parents sigh in relief, as Jay burst out of tears. Harry put Louis down on the ground, and Louis runs to his mother. "thank god you're okay." she whispered and held her son tightly. Harry put off his bulletproof vest and gave the gun to the officer.

"thank you so much,"

"you're welcome, it's my job after all." Harry smiled. all policemen drove away. Harry sighed in relief and walked over to the parents. Anne opened her arms and in no time she hugged her son.

"God, I'm so proud of you, darling," she whispers, her fingers fiddling in Harry's curls. Harry breathed in her scent. "so so proud." Harry smiled in the crook of her neck. after a little while, Harry released himself out the hug and gave his little brother a cuddle.

"proud of you, dick." Harry laughed, facing the parents of Louis. he stopped smiling when he saw Dan's serious face.

"we made a deal." Louis furrowed his brows.

"what deal?"

Harry swallowed thickly and nods. "I brought Louis back to you safe and sound," he said, his voice becoming sad.

"now stay away from him, you understand me?" Harry nods.

"w-what?" Louis asks. "no! no!" he wiggled himself out of Jay's hug and stood in front of his dad. "you can't do this to me, dad! he showed you how much he cares for me, risking his own life for me!"

"it's his fault this happened to you!"

"it was a mistake, dad! yes- it happened, but did Harry plan this!? no!"

"Lou, it's al-"

"it's not alright Harry! we're not alright! do you want to give up on us?"

"of-of course not..."

"Look dad! why do you want to take away my love for him? don't you want me happy?"

"you're better off with an Eastling."

"my arse. don't judge a book by his cover dad. you look at Harry's backstory, but not his personality. I fell for not only his looks but also the inside of Harry- don't you see the sweetness in him? he risked his fucking life for me!"

everyone was shocked that Louis' swore, especially his father. "what if we made a deal. we have a week the time to prove you Harry's a good alpha for me. after that, you can decide."

"your heat is in a day Louis, you'll definitely go to Harry and let him help you," Jay said. Louis shrugs.

"so what, then dad can see how much we care about each other. now excuse me, I have to go to my future mate."

Harry smiled proudly at his baby, opening his arms for him to fall in. Louis happily walks to him and hug him. "love you." Harry whispers, pressing his head into the crook of Louis' neck.

"love you more, thank you."

"no need to thank me- I can't forgive myself if something happened to you." Louis giggles.

"such a good alpha." Harry smiled and kissed his neck.

Harry felt a hand on his back. he broke the hug and looked behind him, "will you take care of Louis?" Dan asks. Harry nods.

"of course Mr. Tomlinson, he's in good hands." Dan smiled slightly.

"take care of him, then." Harry thanks Dan and gave him a small hug.

"let's get you home and cozy." Louis giggles and kissed Harry's cheek. the Styles' family got in the car.

"can I put on some music?" Louis asks, pointing towards the radio. Harry nods, placing his hand on Louis' thigh. Louis cheers and connects his phone to the car. soon the car was filled with music. Harry shook his head fondly as Louis starts to lipsync and dance to the music.

"one, don't pick up the phone you know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone." Harry laughed at his omega. "two, don't let him in, you have to kick him out again- three, don't be his friend, you know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning! and if you're under him, you ain't getting over him!"

Anne watched the two interact with each other, seeing the crinkles by Harry's eyes as he laughed. she looks over at Alex, who's fast asleep. she sighed, loving her two sons, even though her heart will always ache over Gemma. she missed having her daughter around, but she's in a better place now. and she'll definitely watch over her family.

it was dark when they arrive at home, "is dad home?" Harry asks, parking the car in front of the house.

"he's away for a week," Anne said. Harry nods, getting out of the car. Anne shakes Alex to wake him up, "wake up, dear." Alex groans and opens his eyes, stretching his arms. Anne chuckles and follows her son to the front door. Alex gets out of the car and slops behind Anne and Louis.

"you get ready for bed, I'll bring some tea, okay?" Louis nods, pecking Harry's lips before jumping up the stairs to Harry's bedroom. "mum?" Anne turned around and smiles, "Louis' having his heat probably tomorrow, so... yeah." Anne and Alex laugh.

"don't be ashamed, Harold, it's human. Alex and I'll wear some earplugs." Harry slaps the woman on her arm. "joking, darling, the walls are thick enough. I understand, be careful with him and think before you mate him, okay?" Harry nods. "secretly, I can't wait to have pups roaming around the house." Harry grins.

"even though dad won't like it." Anne and Harry sigh. "maybe Lou and I will find a nice house for the two of us to live in, and grow older in." Anne smiles, cupping Harry's cheek.

"my baby's growing up too fast." Harry laughs. "whatever floats your boat, honey. I know you'll grow old with Louis, he's your soulmate after all."

Louis' eyes widen and he walks in shock back to Harry's room.