[57] House of Spies

Start from the beginning

Camilla looked a little taken aback by the question, with everything happening she had almost forgotten about the dance, "Eh, I haven't been asked yet," Camilla replied to the girl as she hit Alfie's hand as he tried to steal her French toast – she had stolen his pancakes to be fair.

Camilla wasn't the only one hitting someone as Amber was quick to hit Jerome who was sat on the back of the couch hissing, "why haven't you asked her?"

"What?" Jerome seemed taken aback as he was assaulted by an angry blonde, "why would I...?"

"She is your girlfriend!" Amber instantly replied.

"Oh!" Jerome turned to Camilla who was looking at him with wide eyes, both of them had forgotten that not everyone knew their 'dating' was fake, Amber being one of those people. In fact, it was only Fabian, Alfie and Patricia (because she was nosey) who knew of how fake their dating was. "So, Milly?" he asked knowing he didn't have to say anything more.

Camilla shrugged, even if they weren't dating, she knew she'd have more fun laughing at the prom with Jerome than with some random boy from their year, "Sure, but," she warned him pointing her toast his way, "if there is music, we are dancing!"

With that Camilla now had a date to the prom and both her and Jerome had Amber off their backs (and outfits apparently).

"Nina!" Fabian raced from the room as the American grabbed her bag to walk to school with Patricia and Alfie. Camilla picking up her mug to finish her tea, just in time to see Jerome pick up her bag along with his own.

"I can carry my own bag, J," Camilla told him as she pulled on her blazer, trying not to wince as she moved her right arm in a way that stretched the scar causing a shooting pain to go up her arm.

"You can, but you are hurt." Jerome countered, before lowering his voice as he and Camilla stalled for time to let Fabian and Nina talk, "it's the least I can do, considering."

"Aww look at that," Camilla teased though the smile on her face was a real one at the thoughtful touch, "the tin man has a heart."

"Do you think Fabians asked her yet?" Jerome whispered as they both were waiting to give the two a moment.

"I bet he's put his foot in it more than ever," Camilla groaned as she looped her left arm into Jerome's right and the two-headed down to the living room hoping to sneak past the almost couple to head to school.

As Jerome as Camilla left the house arm in arm, Camilla felt someone come up behind them and her grip tightened on his arm.

"Nice weather Jerome," Rufus spoke as he grabbed Jerome's free arm before looking over to Camilla. "And you must be his lovely girlfriend, Camilla-Anne Rutter, oh I have been looking forward to meeting you. How's the burn?"

"Hello Rufus," Camilla forced a smile onto her face. They were in the open so Rufus couldn't do much to them but that didn't mean that the girl wasn't on her guard.

"Ever heard of a phone," Jerome mumbled as he glanced to Camilla before looking to the man.

"Where are my Ank Pieces?" Rufus asked Jerome, though his eyes didn't leave Camilla. She got a distinct feeling he was looking for something on her but she wasn't sure what.

"I haven't had a chance to get them yet," Jerome carefully spoke, "Victor's been on the prowl every single evening."

"Oh, and that would be because of you, and your little stunt the other night," Camilla was more than happy to add as she slowly turned Sarah's ring around on her finger. Part of her thought he was looking for that or the Isis amulet she kept dreaming about still – but she wasn't going to let him see either.