[28] House of Reunion

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The day without Alfie had been one of the longest days of Camilla's life. She was so used to the boy being around doing goofy things that made her smile that without him school seemed cold, harsh and boring as hell. It also didn't help that she was worried for him – as was Jerome. The two of them not leaving each other side as promised. The only comfort they each had while their best friend was in the hospital. The two only parted when they had to go to bed, Trudy and Victor not allowing Camilla to sleep in Jerome's room with him and forcing her to sleep in her own room with Amber and Nina. Thankfully Fabian understood that Camilla didn't want Jerome to be alone in his room with nothing but all Alfie's stuff as a reminder of his friend in the hospital, so with much persuasion – and blackmail- of Mick the male twin and his roommate camped out in Jerome's room so he wouldn't be alone. Also so Camilla could get some sleep without being sick with worry about two of her friends.

            As Camilla sleepily wandered out of her room in desperate need of a cup of tea to wake her up, pulling her hair into a high ponytail as she was not in the mood to put too much effort into her appearance – though she did have her normal makeup and her amber approved school uniform of her shorts, suspenders which hung by her legs, and white shirt on – she was startled as she walked into the looming frame of Jerome. Jerome quickly grabbed Camilla's waste as she stumbled back and she grabbed his shoulders, both of them preventing her from falling in her heeled boots Amber had looked out for her.

            "Sorry," Camilla laughed a little, looking up at him, "I didn't see you."

            "Clearly," was all the boy replied in a teasing tone.

The two stood there, looking at one another for a moment. Camilla enjoying the moment of calm and peace their little moment held, but of course, it was a short-lived moment of joy. Patricia walked out of the bathroom just at that second, causing Camilla and Jerome to break apart. As she walked past them both she raised her eyebrows at Camilla, not able to meet Jerome's eye as he looked away, rubbing the back of his neck. Camilla, however, didn't have time to react, and couldn't stop the flush of pink the rose upon her cheeks as Patricia gave her a look. It was too early in the day and she was not caffeinated enough to be dealing with that kind of thing from her friends just yet. When Patricia – and her looks – were back in her bedroom Camilla cleared her through and glanced back at Jerome.

"Did you want something? Or..." she trailed off, trying to figure out why Jerome was stood outside her door in the first place.

"Oh, yeah." Jerome seemed to understand the small girl's question and sent her a smile, "I thought I'd walk you to breakfast, and I wanted to talk you."

Camilla shrugged and made a motion with her hand so they would start walking, "what for?" she asked as she fell into step with him on their way to the stairs.

            Jerome was silent for a second before he lowered his voice a little, "For asking Fabian to crash in my room last night. I don't think I would have got any sleep if I was alone."

            "I can't take credit for that," Camilla answered honestly, "I didn't ask him too."

            "But he knew you didn't want me alone, so he did it for you. Fabian wouldn't have done it if you weren't here." Jerome explained, "So thank you,"

            Camilla took his hand and gave it a small squeeze. She knew what he was trying to say even if the words were coming out as poetically as they normally would for him. She understood what he meant and no other words needed to be said between the two. Neither of them letting go of the other's hand as they continued their way to breakfast in comforting silence.