[22] - House of Cameras

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

It was a tearful farewell from everyone who lived in Anubis house the next evening when they said goodbye to Trudy. The 5 who had been there when Victor had fired her were all still in shock from the sudden dismissal of their housemother. Camilla sat on the bottom step waiting for Trudy to finish handing Victor her keys along with everyone else, subtly trying to wipe the tears from her cheeks. The small talk happening between the house members quietened as Fabian spoke up, having seen Trudy come from the living room, her pink jacket already round her shoulders.

"Trudy," Fabian approached her, "w-we're really sorry." From the quiver in his voice, Camilla could tell her brother was clearly upset like the rest of them – but like the rest of the boys (and everyone but Amber and Camilla) not crying over the whole thing.

"We didn't mean to get you into trouble," Nina pipped up from her place next to Camilla. "Honestly we didn't."

"I know," Trudy looked around at everyone, as if trying to remember each and every one of their faces, "it's my own fault for believing your silly stories." With that she moved past Fabian and towards the door, only stopping as Mara gently grabbed her arm.

"We're going to miss you."

It was clear the woman was fighting tears to put on a brave face for them all as she took in Mara, "And I'm going to miss you too." She looked around, glancing from the tearful Amber and Camilla who were clinging to each other, to the blank faces of Mick and Jerome who were clearly trying to be brave, "All of you."

Victor walked into the room and looked around the faces of the house occupants before landing on Trudy, "Your taxi's here." He told the woman emotionlessly.

Before Trudy could go Amber jumped to her feet and hugged the woman tightly, letting go before allowing Camilla to do the same.

"I am going to do everything I can to get you back," Camilla whispered a promise to the woman, "This place will never feel like home without you."

This caused the housemother to let out a sob of a laugh as she pulled away, placing a hand on Camilla's cheek and wiping away a tear, "You don't always need me, Cammie, to make a place a home, you can do that yourself, but I appreciate what you're saying."

There was a cough and everyone turned to Victor who was looking impatiently at Trudy.

"How can you do this?" Amber asked the man, reaching for Camilla's hand once again for comfort as Trudy moved forward toward the door, "Trudy hasn't done anything wrong."

"Goodbye, Trudy." Was all Victor said, ignoring Ambers outburst, as an upset Trudy rushed from Anubis house. Victor was quick to close the door behind her before walking past the upset students off to do, whatever it was Victor did in the house.

In her time at Anubis Camilla had had many types of breakfasts – she was best friends with Alfie so many pancake surprises had been lived through and survived in her past -, however, the solid mass of grains, that she assumed was meant to be porridge, that had been placed in front of her by Victor, was something she wasn't sure she would survive eating if she could ever figure out how it was meant to be eaten. By the looks and the playing of the solid mass from everyone else around the table, it was clear that they all were having similar thoughts.

Camilla instead decided to drink her tea, something she had made herself – which she was thankfully off once she was Amber take a sip of her own beverage to spit it back out again.

"I'm not eating this," Mick stated from between Mara and Amber, causing Victor to come back into the room and stare at him with an exasperated look. Missing Alfie who was currently using his and Camilla's breakfast to stick his teacup to its saucer.