[43] House of Pursuit

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The moment Jerome moved off and out towards his bedroom, pausing for a second to look back at Camilla with the first real smile she had seen on his face in days before looking back to his hot chocolate shaking his head as he disappeared through the door, a scream came from the fake oven door. Instantly Camilla was at the door after a wave of her hand to the mugs on the counter causing one to disappear, with Nina, Amber and Patricia – who had been playing cards at the dining room table – all on her heels. Camila waved her hand at the spare mug on the table – it was a worry she didn't need to worry about currently and part of her hoped it went to its destined destination before she focused back to the now open oven door where Alfie and Fabian where crawling from it.

"I knew this was a bad idea," Nina muttered to the girls around her.

"Alfie," Amber rushed to the boy in worry, "speak to me. Are you okay?"

"What happened?" Patricia finally asked the question they were all asking, unlike the other two she directed it to the boy who didn't look shaken, Fabian. Alfie, however, was leaning on the counter clearly having seen something that had spooked him down in the cellar.

Alfie looked around at them all, not meeting Camilla's eye, however, before saying, "I was winding Fabian up.." Camilla looked at her friend and frowned, knowing he was lying but not saying anything while the other Sibuna's where still there.

"Did you get the elixir?" Nina asked.

"I dropped the sample..." Fabian informed them causing all the girls to groan in frustration.

"We'll have to go in another night," Nina simply said. "It's too risky now." They all looked at her but couldn't help but agree. It was getting risky now.

"Okay, so we now just have to act like nothing weird happening," Camilla spoke up with a smile, "so I say we all get out of the kitchen which is a strange place for us all to be stood in doing nothing. Alfie," she paused to look at the boy, "game for a wee movie marathon before bed?"

Alfie shrugged and looked at everyone, it was clear they were taking in Camilla's point with Fabian and Nina walking into the living room together and Amber saying something about a tv show she'd been dying to watch and following them. "Sure..."

"Great!" Camilla all but grabbed the boy and dragged him from the living room sending a wave to Patricia who was laughing before headed to the fridge probably to look for snacks.

Once they were in the hallway Camilla turned to Alfie and gave him a look, "What?" the boy asked of the girl glaring at him innocently.

Camilla hit his shoulder gently, "You know what! You lied in there Alf, and I now want the truth." She demanded.

Alfie let out a sigh and looked around as if making sure no one could overhear them before speaking, "I saw a golden cloak and I got a flashback... I'm guessing from that night I was locked down in the cellar... remember you came to get me, with Jerome and Fabian." Alfie paused as Camilla nodded her head, she remembered that night well but not just because they went to get Alfie but because of the dream, she had had that night, with the teachers and Victor in cloaks and Alfie trapped in the cupboard. "Well, it wasn't much... just people in cloaked chanting and other spooky stuff. I guess I wasn't expecting it, and I might have scared Fabian with my outburst."

"It wasn't a dream," Camilla whispered, "it really happened?"

"What?" Alfie said causing Camilla to shake her head and smile at him pulling her friend into a hug.