[29] House of Memories

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla, Fabian, and Amber rushed after Nina as she grabbed her bag and jacket and ran from the room.

"She didn't say what she needed help with?" Fabian asked the American as the group walked down the stairs.

"She just said she needed to meet in the bike shed and bring blankets and food," Nina explained. This caused Amber and Camilla to give each other an uneasy look from behind Fabiana.

"Hey, guys." Jerome asked, approaching them as they reach the bottom of the stairs, "have you seen Patricia? She gave us the slip at the hospital and hasn't come back yet. I'm getting worried."

"She's at-"Amber started.

"She's out with her boyfriend!" Nina interrupted, having no clue what the blonde was going to say. Fabian looked to Camilla who bit her lip to stop herself from laughing at Jerome's expression. "They are madly in love. He's in a band. I think they're kinda Goth."

Jerome looked a little disgusted at the news, "Patricia has a boyfriend?! You're serious?" He looked from Nina to Camilla to shrugged in a 'what can you do' kinda way trying to back up her friends lies the best she could without laughing at the stupidity of it. "Poor guy..." was all Jerome could add before wandering off into the living room.

The moment he was in the other room Camilla let out the laugh she had been holding in, "That was amazing!"

"You need to stop lying." Fabian agreed to laugh alongside his twin.

"Let's get going..." Amber insisted and as no one was around the four slipped out of the house unnoticed.

The four of them found a pacing Patricia easily when they got to the clearing in the woods.

"Okay, what's happened?" Nina asked the girl as they approached.

"Eh," Patricia paused, looking them all over, "it's easier if I just show you." With that, she turned on her heel and hurried to a small section of broken buildings in the grounds. The four friends all looked at each other before following.

Patricia's hushed, worried state made sense to them the moment they turned the corner and they could see what Patricia had hidden. In a wheelchair, seemingly asleep, was Rufus – or who Camilla assumed was Rufus. He was the same guy they had seen Victor put into the car, so that's the only leap she could make.

"You stole a patient?!" Amber exclaimed the moment she saw the sleeping guy in hospital garments.

"It explains the business you had when we wanted to leave," Camilla added, standing a little behind the group looking over Fabian's shoulder at the guy.

"Have you gone completely mad?" Fabian asked Patricia as she covered Rufus over in a blanket.

"Well, I couldn't leave him in the hospital, could I? Not like this," Patricia explained, "it's just until he comes around."

Camilla and Nina shared an unsure expression, "I don't want to be difficult," Nina spoke up softly, "But what if he doesn't?" she asked, sharing the thought that had passed between herself and the female twin.

"He will. He's looking more alert already." Patricia reassured them.

"Oh yeah, totally-"Fabian started in a disbelieving voice.