[30] House of Drama

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The school play was a day away, so Camilla – as Assistant Director helping Mr Winkler out – had to leave early the next morning before Victor could give her any punishment at all. She had worked tirelessly to make a dressing room area for everyone, making sure their costumes were there, makeup, props. Everything she could so their dress rehearsal in the afternoon could run as smoothly as possible. She was glad not to be performing, as she sat on the edge of the stage watching her classmates running around getting the last minute things they needed personally. Camilla was laughing more at Alfie and Jerome as they had been spending the last hour practising walking in their camel costume.

Mr Winkler stood in the middle of the room, "Okay, guys!" He called causing everyone to look at him, "it's time to focus. It's the big night tomorrow. Dress rehearsal starts in 5 minutes. Camilla you okay to take notes?"

Camilla nodded at the man and lifted her clipboard which held the script on it. Stood next to her was Fabian, Nina, and Patricia. They were catching up the Sibuna's on the late-night adventure which had resulted in Victor taking the puzzle piece from them.

"And then, when we were leaving Camilla and I heard Victor scream." Nina told the two, "Like he'd had a stroke or something."

"Super creepy," Camilla added.

"It sounded like a cross between a sick whale and a broken piano."

"No, it was more like a cat who had been stood on, and Mick trying to sing." Camilla corrected the girl causing Patricia to let out a laugh.

Fabian, however, ignored the two's comparisons to what Victors scream sounded like and focused on the important information, "Victor defiantly put the puzzle piece back in his safe. I crept back and saw him do it."

"So, let's steal it back," Camilla said casually as she jumped off the stage to stand next to them, causing them to all give her a look of shock.

"No!" Fabian told his twin, "How can we? He'd know it was us."

"But what if..." Nina started, pausing as if she was making sure of something before continuing "What if we had the perfect alibi."

"You are brilliant..." Camilla whispered following the girl's train of thought.

"What do you mean?" Patricia asked.

"I have an idea, I think Camilla has figured it out," Nina told Fabian and Patricia. "It's a little crazy but, it might just work."

Before Nina could explain her plan further Amber's voice came from across the room where she stood in a cactus costume, "But I don't understand, why can't the cactus sing?!"

"Cacti can't speak, Amber." Mr Winkler tried to explain to the girl.

"Anyway you have a terrible voice," Jerome added from the backend of the camel costume.

"No, she hasn't!" Alfie defended, "Take no notice dearest cactus."

This interaction caused the four to suppress their giggles as it was the kind of thing that would only happen at their school between their friends.

"Okay everyone," Mr Winkler clapped his hands from where he stood on the stage, "let's get started." This was all that was needed for everyone to run off and get ready for the dress rehearsal, Camilla taking her seat on the couch – pretending to be the audience as Mr Winkler was running the sound and lights. Putting her feet up and getting herself comfortable.

The dress rehearsal of the show was not as long as the tech but Camilla was so glad to see the back of it. even after sitting on the comfy couch in the drama hall, Camilla's back was killing her as she stood up to give out the last-minute notes to the actors. The notes weren't too bad, just a few timing issues or someone forgot alike. "Okay everyone, well done! Well done!" Mr Winkler congratulated everyone as they got to their feet once Camilla was done.