Chapter 39

Adrien groaned as he stirred from his sleep. He felt like shit..No really.

"What is this taste in my mouth?" He groaned as he stuck his tongue out.

Nino sat up on his chair, "That would be from the soup you had last night!" He stated quickly. He rubbed his eyes and stretched. Sleeping on chairs wasn't very pleasant.

"Gah, I hate hospital food...what are you still doing here?" He asked Nino, who was falling asleep again.

Nino sat up again, " Well, I couldn't leave you here alone? Besides, who'd look after you?" Nino said in a strict tone. Adrien raised a brow in amusement.

"The nurses, doctors.." He stated.

Nino shook his head. "Yeah, but I just wanna make sure you're okay."

Adrien looked at him intently before blinking and realising he was crying. " Man, you're the bestest friend ever!" He sniffled. Nino looked at him in surprise. Never had he ever seen Adrien cry. Well...There was that one time when Adrien cried- But yeah! Never.

"Dude, are you okay?" Nino asked, deeply worried for his friend. Adrien nodded before giving an unmanly wail.

"Dude! Seriously! What's wrong?" Nino asked again, getting more worried by the second.

"It's y-you, bro!"

Nino back up and rose his eyebrows. "Me?"

Adrien nodded. "You are the best!" He cried, sniffling afterwards. "You're the best bro a guy could ask for!" He cried out again.

"Wow, man. I don't know what to sa-"

"You're amazing!" Adrien cried, sitting up.

"Okay, but you should li-"

"You're the best!" Adrien turned his body towards Nino.

"Bro, I get it. You should lie d-"

"I love you, bro!" His voice cracked. He began to get down from his bed.

"I love you too, man! But, ple-"

"I love you from the bottom of my butt!"

"OKAY! Now you really need to lie down!" Nino shouted as he pushed Adrien back on to his bed. "You're out of your mind." Nino muttered as he pulled the blanket to cover Adrien.

"Goodnight, mommy." Adrien cooed and began to go to sleep.

"Mommy issues again?" Nino turned around and saw Alya and Marinette at the doorway.

Nino sighed in relief at the sight if them. "Why is it that when you guys leave, he goes crazy?" Nino began ramble. Alya chuckled. "Maybe it's Marinette who keeps him calm?"

Marinette gave a monotonous laugh. "Very funny, Alya."

Alya giggled and sat down next to Nino. "Well, the boy is in love with you."

Marinette snorted and sat on the opposite side of the two. "Who said anything about him being in love with me?"

Alya scoffed and handed Nino a muffin. "My bad, 'madly' in love with you!" She laughed.

"Haha, nice one, babe!" Nino grinned and bit his muffin.

Marinette pouted. "You two are horrible."

"No, we are the best things that ever happened to you!" Nino slyly stated before giving her a wink.

"Whatever."

"Hey, can I eat something?" Adrien asked. That caused the three of them to jump back in shock.

"Dude, I thought you were asleep?!" Nino panted, still clutching his chest.

Adrien shrugged. "My stomach hurts cause I wanna EAT!"

"hhmm..mood swings.." Alya murmured.

Adrien felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned. He came face to face with Marinette, who was offering him a croissant. His eyes sparkled at the sight of her. "Marinette!" He beamed.

"Defiantly, mood swings." Alya murmured again.

Marinette chuckled slightly. "Here, eat this." She said, gesturing the croissant.

She back away from him as he got on to his knees and faced her. "I wanna eat you~" He eyed her intensely.

Marinette blushed. "W-wha!?"

"Okay, too far!" Alya said as she pulled Adrien back on the bed. Adrien tried to speak but was stopped when Nino stuffed a muffin in his mouth.

Sending a glare to both of them, he silently ate his muffin. Marinette watched him, still shocked by what had just happened.

"Hey, when is new year?" Adrien asked once he had finished his muffin.

(Yes. I'm going to continue from where I left. XD Hopefully, I mentioned nothing about 2016 or 2017 in this book)

"Eh, tomorrow." Nino answered.

"WHAT?!"

"What?"

"BUT I'LL BE STUCK HERE!! I DON'T WANNA CELEBRATE NEW YEAR IN THIS PLACE!!" Adrien yelled furiously.

"Than you better eat those damn brussels sprouts!" Nino retorted sassily. Everyone remained silent and looked at Nino weirdly.

"What the fuck does Brussels sprouts have to do with this?" Adrien bemused.

"I don't know, I just wanted to say that." Nino shrugged making all of them face palm.

"Just.. Try to get better." Marinette said with a small smile.

Adrien's head snapped to her. "For you baby, I will!" His eyes sparkled again.

"E-eh.. Good to know!" Marinette replied awkwardly.

"Adrien, enough with the sweet talk. You might give Marinette diabetes." Nino hollered in the background.

Adrien turned and glared. "Shut up, Nino! We know, all you give Alya is high blood pressure!"

"True, true." Alya nodded in agreement.

Nino blushed. "Geez man, why are you being so savage?"

Adrien chuckled. " I don't know!" He slumped back into his sheets and fell asleep.

"Wow, that was entertaining." Alya chuckled.

Marinette giggled and Nino groaned. "Why did I even bother?" Nino said out loud.

•••
I finally came online! It's quite hard for me to be online. It's a miracle that I did! I somehow logged out of my account, but now I logged in. So even if km offline, I'll be writing chapters and when I come online, I'll publish everything!😊