Chapter 30

1 more hour before everyone would exchange their gifts with each other. Adrien walked around observing everyone. The only reason he was able to come was because is father was out of the country.

He was nervous. Another 1 till he was going to give his gift to her. After a whole day of Alya and Nino, especially Nino, nagging him to do it, he finally did it.

He managed to avoid Lila, who somehow kept finding him, no matter where he went.

Like seriously, was she another Chloé? Speaking of Chloé, she a seemed to be enjoying her time with Nathaniël. Adrien had to admit. She looked very pretty. After being her friend since baby's, he was surprised to find himself thinking that she actually was pretty. But she wasn't as pretty as her.

Probably the term he'd use the describe her was, beautiful. A angel. A fucking sassy, angel.

While he, he was a demon.

At times like this he would always think of the saying, Opposites attract.

It seemed rather cliché. How the bad can fall for the good. Weird.

"Okay everyone! Time to exchange gifts! So come on!" He heard someone announce. He slipped his hand into his coat pocket and sighed in relief.

He walked pass a lot of people who were exchanging their gifts with one another. He walked pass everyone and stopped in front of the Christmas tree, looking at it with admiration.

"I never knew I could think that much." He chuckled and pulled out a picture and smiled.

"Merry Christmas, mom." He blinked back the tears and put the picture on his chest before sighing out loud.

"Adrien?" He heard a voice from behind him.

He turned around and smiled at her. "Hey, Marinette." He greeted and sighed again.

"Um, Merry Christmas." She said, giving him a present. It was perfectly wrapped in a red wrapper with black polka dots.

"I-is this...for m-me?" He asked, taking the gift slowly. Marinette smiled and nodded.

He smiled and carefully tore it open. "Wow." He said, looking at the gift. He took it out. It was a black scarf with his name knitted on it with green embroidery.

"Wow. You made this?" He laughed in happiness. Marinette nodded. "Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" He said happily, looking at the scarf again. "Wait, what's this?" He looked closely and the tiny writing on the scarf.

"To Kitty?" He rose an eyebrow at her.

Marinette immediately grew red.

"Umm, you know..." She said, hoping he would remember Halloween. Adrien recalled the event and smiled.

"Well, if you gave me a gift, it's only fair if I give you yours." He grinned and put his hand in his pocket.

The bluenette's eyes widened. "You didn't have to."

Adrien smiled and pulled out a small box, wrapped in a black wrapper with a single cat footprint on top. "Ironic, right?" He grinned and gave it to her.

Marinette seemed hesitant. She reached for it but something seemed to stop her. " I can't p-" she said but Adrien cut her off by grabbing her hand and putting the box in it.

"Take it, I insist." He chuckled.

Marinette smiled and opened the wrapper slowly. She held the tiny red box in her hand.