Chapter 13

"PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!"

"AND MAKE IT DOUBLE!"

"Ugh!" Marinette scoffed as she watched her favourite show on TV. Apparently, she wasn't such a big fan of the villains.

"To protect the world from devastation-"

"To unite all people within our nation, to denounce the evils of truth and love, to extend our reach to the stars above, Jessie, James. Team Rocket blast-" before she could finish her mimicry, her trap door opened.

"Marinette?"

"Mom? What do you need?" She asked as she turned away from the TV.

"Well... Nathaniël told me what happened yesterday." Sabine mumbled.

"Oh...is he here?" She asked with hope glistening in her eyes. Sabine shook her head, making Marinette sigh. "Okay, but what did he tell you?" She bit her lip.

"He told me you ate too much popcorn and fainted. Marinette Dupain-Chang! How many times do I have to tell you to control yourself?" Sabine narrowed her eyes on her daughter.

Marinette sweatdropped. "No more than once, that's for sure." She waved her hands and giggled nervously.

Sabine sighed and left while mumbling stuff about teenagers this days.

Marinette giggled. "So, Nathaniël didn't tell her.." She wondered out loud. She picked up her phone and went to Nathaniël's number.

"Should I call him or...nah, I don't wanna be a stuttering mess. I'll text him!"

She typed a quick thank you and sent it before turning back to her TV.

"YEAH! ASH! YOU CAN DO IT! GO ASH AND PIKACHU!!" She was jumping around her room in all possible directions.

"YE- huh?" She stopped when she heard a beep. It was a message from Nathaniël. She quickly straightened herself and opened the text while giggling.

Nath<3: For what?

It read. She replied.

M: You told my mum I ate to much Pokémon!

Send!

"Wait! What the heck?! Pokémon!?" She yelled in embarrassment.

Nath<3: Lol. what? Hmm. I guess you're watching Pokémon too?

She smiled.

M:You watch Pokémon too?

Nath<3: Yeah! You too!

M: I love it!

"And the fact that you love it makes me love it more." Marinette mumbled giddily.

Nath<3: Really? What's your favourite Pokémon?

M: I dunno! I love them all!!

M: Maybe Eevee!!!!

Nath<3: Interesting. Yeah, it's kinda cool cause it has many possible evolutions. Mine's a Charizard!