The Dark Mark

Hermione was sitting in on the Hogwarts express with Harry, Ron and Ginny. She was so excited; she just couldn't sit still long enough.

"I'll be back in a minute." she said and quickly left the carriage. She walked down the train and slowly entered a carriage that had it's blinds shut.

When Hermione slipped inside she saw Draco Malfoy sitting there completely alone.

"We're nearly home." said Draco, taking Hermione's hands in his and squeezing them tightly. Hermione sat down on his knee, kissing him passionately and excitedly.

"I know, I can't wait to see her, she'll be so big by now!" Hermione said, she just couldn't stop smiling.

"Tell me again what she looked like." Draco said, leaning back in his seat. Hermione leant into him.

"She has beautiful blond hair and gorgeous grey eyes you could just drown in. When I brought her to my mother she was so tiny, but her little fingers were so strong, when she grabbed my finger I couldn't let her go." Hermione whispered in his ear.

They sat like that until the train finally began to slow down and the carriage door opened.

"Are you ready?" Minerva McGonagall asked them.

"Yes grandma." Hermione said, getting up from Draco's lap and grabbing her trunk.

They all walked off the train together, hurrying past all their friends so as not to get sidetracked.

The three of them practically ran towards that little house where their happiness lay.

When they got there Hermione practically hammered the door down.

"Alright I'm coming!" shouted a voice from inside the house. They listened as Hermione's mother tried to shout over the crying baby.

The door swung open and all three of them gasped. Hermione's mum was standing there holding a beautiful girl in her arms. The child had curly blond hair that looked like springs; she had little chubby cheeks and was wearing a little grey dress that brought out her enchanting eyes.

Hermione stretched out her arms and took the little girl, Minerva immediately stopped crying.

"Hello darling! Mummy's back, mummy's back." she whispered into her ear, swaying her gently from side to side. Hermione turned around to show her to Draco, he was standing at the gate, looking intently at the baby, his eyes filled with tears.

"Minerva, this is your daddy." Hermione said, putting her in Draco's arms.

She stood back with her grandmother and watched as Draco bonded with his daughter, it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

"I'm never ever going to leave you." he chanted, hugging her close.

They sat in the Granger household all day, they had their dinner and Draco and Hermione took turns feeding their daughter her dinner. Afterwards they all went into the living room together.

"I don't want to ever let her go again grandma." Hermione whispered, hugging her daughter close.

"I don't want you to either baby. We're going to have to arrange weekly visits next year." Minerva said to her.

"That would be amazing grandma, thank you." she said, giving her a gentle hug.

"Can I come?" Draco asked. He was so worried about never seeing his little girl again.

"Of course you can, she's your daughter too, right grandma?" Hermione said smiling at him.

"Yes, Hermione's right, you need to be able to see her." Minerva said.

Draco visited the Granger household in secret almost every day over the summer, when it was nearing the end of summer Hermione went to stay with the Weasleys and she had to leave her daughter behind. She knew she would get to see her again very soon but it still hurt so much to leave her.

"I love you baby." Hermione said to her.

"wuv you mummy." Minerva replied. She had started talking at the start of the summer and the day she said "mummy" was the most magical day of Hermione's life.

Never the less Hermione was happy to just be with her friends again, it was a relief in a way to just talk about school and normal things.

Hermione went with the Weasleys to dragon alley to see 'Weasley wizard wheezes', she expected to have a really fun day but when they followed Draco and his mother to 'Borgin and Burke's' her entire life turned sour. She insisted she hadn't seen the dark mark on Draco's arm, but she had.

Hermione tried to ignore Draco when she got back to Hogwarts, hiding in classrooms to avoid him.

"Hey Hermione, when are we going to see Minerva again." he asked her one day when he caught up with her after potions class.

"You? Never." she said and quickly tried to walk away.

"Wait Hermione please, why not?" he asked, he looked genuinely confused.

"Draco you’re a death eater now!" she screeched, pulling up his sleeve to reveal the dark mark.

"I'm not, not really." he said, hastily yanking the sleeve back down again.

"Don't give me that! You will never see your daughter again!" she hissed and walked away, leaving Draco standing there, a single tear running down his face.

"Hermione what's wrong?!" asked her grandmother, looking worried.

"It's nothing, just a fight with Draco, but I really need to see Minerva." Hermione said.

"Yes of course, would you like me to come with you?" she asked her.

"Thanks grandma that would be great." Hermione said, giving her a hug.

When they arrived Hermione went up to the bedroom that was now her daughter's while her grandma waited down stairs.

"Mummy!" the little girl cried, standing up in her cot and putting out her arms to be lifted.

"Hello darling." Hermione said, picking her up.

"Where daddy?" she asked, her little eyes gleaming, they were exactly like Draco's.

"Daddy won't be coming over any more, but he still loves you so so much, don't you ever forget that." Hermione whispered to her, tears dripping into Minerva's hair.