And the countdown begins

Patty

After school, I came home and got out of the car. Nate met me, placing his hand over my mouth and silencing me. He waved for me to follow him.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Far from here. Our moms are in full wedding mode."

"Enough said."

He pulled out of the driveway, alerting Lucille and Mom that we were leaving.

"Are they leaving?" Lucille asked.

"Yes," Mom said.

"Figures."

We drove over to Liz's house to hide since it was the one place we wouldn't have to deal with our mother's wedding planning. Plus, I needed to work on schoolwork and couldn't do that with people bombarding me with questions.

Liz and I sat in her room, working on homework while Nate lay on her bed. It was beautiful and peaceful until someone pounded on the door. Liz's mom opened the door as Jonas and Danny walked into the room.

"Thanks for leaving us with the lunatics," Jonas told Nate.

Nate chuckled.

Danny sat down next to Liz. "I swear Mom has lost her damn mind."

"Hence, we're here, and they're there," I said.

"Yeah, but you can't hide forever," he told me.

"I can try," I smirked.

"A few more weeks to go," Nate said.

"Yeah, but did you forget we have finals, prom, and graduation?" Liz asked him.

"Shit," he said.

"We need a dress, and you two need a tux," she told them.

"Do we have to?" Nate and Danny asked.

"Yes, it's our senior prom," she said.

I laughed because they had forgotten we were seniors and still in high school.

We finished our homework, then ordered a pizza and watched a movie. As we watched the movie, I asked Nate, "Did your mom invite Cayson to the wedding?"

"I don't know."

"I hope so."

It wasn't right if Cayson didn't get invited to the wedding. He should attend our wedding no matter what happened since his brother was getting married. I'll ask Mom about it.

*****

Nate took me home, and I walked into the house. Mom was waiting up and reading as usual. I sat down in the chair.

"How was your evening?" She asked me.

"Peaceful." I sighed.

Mom laughed.

"Mom, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, Hun."

"Is Cayson invited to the wedding?"

"I'm not sure. Why?"

"I was wondering. Night." I got up and prodded to my room. I got ready for bed and thought that Lucille and Gray might not welcome him in their house, but we will welcome him to our wedding. If they don't, plans will change.

*****

After school, I stopped at Lucille's house to talk about the guest list. I needed to make sure Lucille invited Cayson.

I knocked on the door, and she answered. "Come inside, Patty."

I walked into the kitchen. "Lucille, I'll get right to the point. Is Cayson invited to the wedding?" I refused to beat around the bush.

"Yes, but Cayson won't come."

"If I can get Cayson to come, will you promise me that Grayson will be on his best behavior?"

"I can try, but it's Grayson."

"Promise me."

"I promise. You take care of Cayson, and I'll take care of Grayson." She gave me a smile and a wink. Okay, then. Now I must persuade Cayson to attend the wedding. Let's hope he isn't too stubborn about attending the wedding.

She gave me the address of where he was staying, and I drove over there. It wasn't too far from where I live. I pulled into the driveway, got out, made my way to the screen door, and knocked.

A woman answered it. I explained to her who I was, and she welcomed me inside. I walked in as she called Cayson from the bottom of the steps. A door opened with footsteps thumping against the floor.

He strolled down the steps with his hands in his pockets. "Patty? What are you doing here?"

"I came to invite you to our wedding."

He arched an eyebrow and looked at me, then at his aunt. Something tells me that someone has been lying to me.

*****

The three of us sat in the living room.

"So, let me get this straight. You and my brother are getting married right after you graduate?"

"Yep."

"And my parents approve?" He arched an eyebrow at me.

"Well, we thought about eloping."

He let out a low whistle.

"Cayson, I want you at the wedding."

"My dad won't allow it since he won't even allow me to come over." He shook his head.

"Which reminds me, why did Jonas and you fight?"

"It was stupid. Jonas was ribbing me like he always does, but I let my anger get the best of me. I hit him, and he hit me. The fight turned into this mess. The worst part was hearing my ma tell Jonas to kick my ass, which pissed me off even more. Nate tried to break it up while arguing with me, and it escalated."

"Yeah. Nate's not thrilled."

"That makes two of us." He sighed.

"I'm asking you to attend the wedding. Nate should have his brothers there. Whatever is going on between you and Jonas, put your differences aside for him."

"Jonas and I already talked. We're fine, but it's my parents that can't seem to put it behind them."

"Don't worry about your parents. I have plans." I smirked.

If I learned anything about Lucille, you must beat her at her own damn game. It's one game that I intended to win.

I gave Cayson the day and time to show up. Since it was my wedding, I deserved to have the people I wanted there, even if Nate doubted it. Oh, yeah. I didn't tell him about my surprise, which should be fun.