Chapter 11- Quinn-Kelly Brookes

JANE

Evan kept his promise. He did stay with me, and when I'd wake up having nightmares he'd be there to hold me.

I have to admit that I'm slowly falling for him, but I can't let myself get to attatched. Not yet, once we get rid of Hazel then maybe I'd admit my feelings to him. But until then destroying Hazel was my number one priority.

About a few days later it was said that I could go home, I didn't want to go to my old house so Evan agreed to let me stay with him.

I learned that he had lost his parents when he was fourteen years old, ever since then he's been living in the house on his own.

We talked and we talked a lot. He was easy to start a conversation with and he was a great listner.

We were still coming up with our plan to stop Hazel, but unfortunately we couldn't think of anything.

"Uh, Jane?" He asked me nervously

"Yeah?"

"I think I know someone who can help us."

"Who?"

"Quinn-Kelly Brookes." He said

"Who's that?"

"My sister."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We were walking down the road in a weird neighborhood, when I faced Evan.

"I never knew that you had a sister."

"Well, I just don't like talking about it... something very bad happened, and I don't know if she'll forgive me."

"What did you do?"

"I wasn't there for her when she needed me the most." He said sadly

I felt bad for him. I've never had any siblings but I knew what it was like to not be there for someone. And the way his eyes didn't sparkle like they usually would, I knew that it was probably something serious.

After a few more minutes of walking we arrived at a house that just looked so dull. Only one window was on it and it's paint was fading off.

Evan walked up to the door and knocked on it. After some seconds the door opened and revealed a girl with brown hair who just glared at us.

"Evan?" She said with her voice cracking

"Hey Quinn, we need your help.."

She sighed, "I told you not to talk to me anymore."

"Look Quinn, I've already apologized a million times, what else do you want me to do?"

"I just want you to leave me alone, okay?"

"Quinn..."

"You can't just come here and act like that night never happened Evan! Because it did and it changed my life forever!" She screamed

"Look Quinn, I'm really sorry about what happened bu-"

"Look girl, whoever you are." She said staring at me, "If I were you I wouldn't trust him. For all you know, he could be helping Hazel!"

"Wait! How do you know Hazel?"

She looked down at her feet and kept silent before saying, "You don't even know.."

"Know what?"

"I go to your high school! And my life's a living hell, there and home. But when I first found out that he was my brother, I knew that he was dating her."

I turned to him. He was dating her? The girl who trapped me in a shed for months? The girl who tried to kill me by making the bus I was on explode? He knew exactly who I was talking about when I told him what happened to me. He knew and he didn't say anything!

"Go ahead and tell her Evan, tell her why I hate you so much!"

"You know that has nothing to do with this!" He yelled at her

"Your little friend here was the reason that Hazel went crazy! They used to date, but on the day of her freaking birthday he broke up with her! He spread a rumor that she was the one who broke up with him! People hated her after that! Hazel was a sweet caring person but as soon as he broke up with her she became so violent!"

I looked at her in shock, was everything that she was saying was true. But then I thought about it. Right after Hazel left when she blew up the bus, and after that Evan came saying that his date stood him up. Was ge going on a date with her? He did say the his date had blonde hair. And Hazel did like  bleahing her hair blonde.

"What happened after that?" I said

Quinn continued talking, "That's when he had asked me out, but that was before he knew that we were siblings. I rejected him and he was so mad so he spread a rumor around about me!"

"You know that's not true!" He screamed again. This time he looked very angry

"Oh come on Evan! You know exactly what happened! That night at that party you and your little buddies tied me up to that chair and.... and...." She said trailing off

"That's enough!" He yelled taking a knife out of his pocket and stabbing Quinn in the stomach with it.

I felt my heart beat faster then it ever had before. Quinn was lying on the floor covering her now bloody stomach and then Evan looked at me.

"Jane.."

I slowly backed away from him as he got closer to me.

"Jane, you have to believe me, none of this is true, she's lying."

"You.... you PSYCHOPATH!" I screamed at him

I ran down the street as fast as I could and didn't look back, once I got around a corner I felt a hand cover my mouth.

"Missed me Jane?"

I recognized that voice.

Hazel.