Chapter 8: Jane's Story

Jane's POV

"Hazel! Guess what today is!" I screamed.

"What?" She curiously asked sitting on my couch

"It's my one year anniversary with Mark!"

Her face tensed up. Ever since I started dating Mark she's been acting weird, and not the good kind.

"I was thinking we could all go for a swim in the lake! Do you want to come?"

"I don't want to be a third wheel.."

"You're my best friend! It doesn't matter."

Her face lit up and she smiled. "Okay I'll go with you."

"Yay!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Has Hazel been acting weird around you lately?" I asked Mark

"No, she seems fine. Why?"

"Nothing, I'm just worried about her. But anyways when are you coming to my house?"

"Maybe at three."

"You'd be like an hour late!"

"Just call Sara to give you company."

"Alright." I smiled

I knew something was wrong with Hazel, but I didn't do anything, how dumb I was to not do anything.

Once Sara and Hazel came to my house we changed into our bathing suits and started swimming around in the lake splashing water and playing Marco Polo.

"Girls I have to go to the bathroom." I said

"Seriously?" Sara wailed

"Would you rather have me pee in the lake, because I'll do it right-"

"OKAY! GO! We can wait." Hazel butted in.

I laughed, I got out of the pool wrapped my towel around my body and ran to the bathroom. A few minutes later just as I was getting out I heard a scream. Was something wrong? I ran outside and saw the most horrifying thing.

I saw Hazel drowning Sara. And not in the playful kind of way. Hazel then picked up a rock and smashed Sara's head in, the blood flowing through the lake. Then she turned around and saw me, and gripped tightly on the bloody rock in her hand.

She then ran towards me and I stormed out of the house as fast as I could. I threw off my towel because it was slowing me down and ran and ran and ran. I didn't care where I was going as long as I was away from her. I should've known something was wrong. I should've helped Hazel.

But I was so worried about myself that I didn't help her. I was selfish. And I'll never forgive myself for that.

My legs feeling like they were on fire, slowed down and I hid behind the nearest tree, breathing heavily.

"Jane? Where are you?"

I felt a silent tear roll down my cheek. Don't cry Jane! I could feel her getting closer to me and as fast as I could I picked up a stick and ran to the other side pointing it at Hazel.

"Don't do this Hazel! What's wrong? Let me help you!"

"What's wrong is that you're dating Mark!"

"What?"

"When we were at that Valentine's Party he told me he loved me! Three months later he's dating you! He lied to me! And now both of you must pay."

I sobbed, "Don't tell me you killed him!"

"No, that's for another day. But right now I want to kill you."

"Then why did you kill Sara?"

"She was supposed to help me kill you! But she chickened out so I did what I had to. "

"Oh my gosh." I cried, the girl that I've known all my life wanted to kill me?

I thought we were friends? And all because of some boy? I gripped the stick in my hand and she just stared at me.

"You're all alone out here! I'm calling the police!"

I felt two hands touch both my shoulders and I turned around to see who it was. It was Mrs. Tim, Hazel's mom.

She punched me hard in the face making me fall to the ground. Hazel then took out a rope and tied my arms while Mrs. Tim tied my feet.

"HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!" I screamed but it was no use.

Hazel took out a large black bag that I recognized as a body bag. They were going to bury me! I fought as much as I could but Hazel hit me over the head with the rock, hard enough to make me pass out.

Third point of view.

"Let's hurry up and throw her in the lake." Hazel said

"Do we have to do this? I mean this is very unnecessary." Her mom said

"Shut up! And help me with this body bag!" She yelled

Just as they were about to throw it in the lake, Hazel thought for a moment.

"You know what? How about we trap her in that little shed there, it'll be more fun then drowning her."

They ran over to the shed with the bag still in there hands and threw the body in there closing and locking the door forever.

Jane's POV

"Help!" I screamed

All I remembered was being thrown somewhere by Hazel and her mom. My head hurt bad and my hands and feet hurt also from being tied up so tight.

I started crying. Not because I was stuck here, but because my best friend forever wanted to hurt me, because she was the one that I trusted enough when something bad happened. And all this time she wanted to kill me.

1 month later:

I put my hand to my stomach, it was flatter then ever. I've been in here for a month with no food and water. A few minutes later the door opened wide and the sunlight hurt my eyes bad.

I saw her. It was Sara.

"Sara?"

"Yep, it's me."

"What are you doing here? You're dead!"

"Oh I am dead. But I came back so we could get revenge on Hazel."

"Revenge?"

She nodded her head.

"Count me in."