Chapter 7: The Truth

All Hazel could hear was the screams of people and the bright lights placed above her. Where was she? She opened her eyes wide enough to see a nurse standing over her, pushing the stretcher that Hazel was on.

She looked down at her legs and saw that they were wrapped up with bandages and that her arms were the same way.

The nurse looked down at Hazel. He then screamed for more help and more nurses came. One female nurse had a syringe in her hand and said.

"I'm sorry Hazel but you have to go to sleep now." She said sticking it in her arm. Hazel's vision was blurry and then she didn't see anything.

A few hourse later she woke up and saw her again.

Jane.

"What do you want with me?!"

"Hazel listen to me, and listen very carefully," Jane started, "The person who's been doing this to you, that is NOT me. I don't know who it is but you have to trust me."

"How do I know that I can trust you? Like you said since she's someone else how do I know that you're Jane?" She asked sternly

"It doesn't matter if you believe me or not Hazel, but I am Jane and whoever that other person is, that isn't me."

"So why'd you come here? Why now?"

Jane sighed, "Because Haze, at first when they used the Oujia Board, it had called to me. But I ignored it, because it was probably some sick joke, but I didn't know that someone else came and acted as me. I just came here to warn you."

Hazel gasped. She couldn't believe any of this Jane wasn't Jane. At least that made her feel a little better. Maybe Hazel and Jane could stop fake Jane toghether. She wasn't quite sure.

"If you really are Jane, then you would know what happened during the fourth grade."

Jane laughed, "I remember, you had a crush on this dude and he broke your heart, so I broke his leg."

"It really is you Jane?"

"Of course! But anyways Hazel, I need your help to get rid of the fake Jane."

"Well of course I'll help you! But I'm stuck here.."

"Don't worry," Jane said taking the casts off of Hazels legs and arms.

Hazel looked at them. They seemed good as new.

"Okay let's go!" Jane said

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When they went back to the house it sent shivers up Hazel's spine. She remembered being scared for her life here. But since she had the real Jane by her side, they'd be able to get rid of her.

The house was still dark and Hazel and Jane both went in a room that was darker then the rest of them.

Jane turned on the light and the sight before her paralyzed her.

"You still want to stick with the story of you seeing Jane drown?"

"What is this?" Hazel asked

"You seriously don't know? I'm not Jane, Hazel, I'm Sara, and I know damn well that you remember me!" She screamed.

What was in front of Hazel was the actual Jane tied to a chair, basically all skin and bones.

"You see Hazel, the dead see everything! I know what happened that day!"

"You don't know anything! This is fake!" Hazel screamed running to the door.

Before her hand could even reach the knob, Sara slammed it shut. Sara grabbed Hazel by the throat throwing her to the other side of the room.

"It's time for everyone to know the truth."

"What truth! I didn't do anything!"

"Oh really? Jane didn't die a year ago! You are the reason she almost died!"

Hazel cried, "No!"

"Yes! I know everything Hazel! It's time for you to stop being the victim! We know everything! You see this whole thing has been told through your point of view! But if we see the other side of the story we can see that you're actually the bad guy Hazel!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jane's POV

May 7, 2017. That's a date I'll never forget.

It was supposed to be the best day of my life. It would've been the best day if Hazel hadn't gotten so mad...