38 - Not so much beach fun

"Are all bags packed and ready to go in the car?" Louis called through the noisy house, Liam ushering the children to get ready, neither of them complying. 

"Yes, love. Not the snack bag, still have to put the sandwiches from the fridge." Liam called back, and Louis noticed him chasing a naked Harry with swim trunks in his hands. Louis just snickered, happy to be on the duty of loading and getting the car ready whilst Liam had to get their two boys ready. 

Harry was eight, and his brother Niall was six. Niall was usually very well behaved, Harry was the cheeky one, but the younger sometimes liked to imitate is older brother. 

A sweaty looking Liam finally made his way downstairs, Niall and a teary-eyed Harry following so Louis figured there had to have been some yelling to get them to compromise. Harry didn't like being told off, though it just had to be done. They were just thankful that raising their voices was enough, sometimes time outs, but never spanking. 

Harry immediately threw his arms around Louis waist, burying his face in the man's stomach and Louis thought he heard a sniffle come from the boy. "Were you being cheeky, love?" Louis tutted, but grabbed the boy to hoist him on his hip, the boy was small, not much bigger than Niall, though he was bound to go through a growth spurt soon. 

"Nuh-uh." Harry pouted, but his red cheeks told Louis another story. 

"Well, let's get to the car, we've got a long drive ahead." Louis chuckled as he carried the pouting boy to strap him in his booster seat. 

"Hafta put Moana on." The boy reminded, only to hear a protest come from his younger brother. 

"But I wanna watch Nemo!" 

"Can't be both." Louis sighed, "Pick something else." He looked at both boys, sighing in relief when the boys agreed on a movie to be watched, he was not ready for tantrums even before the trip began.

- - -

Two and half hours and the family finally reached the beach. The sun was still shining, which was nice, and they got a decent parking space so the walk to the beach wasn't too far. So far so good. They lay blankets on the ground, and two little chairs as neither of the men were fans of laying on the ground. 

"I wanna go in the water!" Harry exclaimed tugging on Liam's hand but the man didn't budge.
"Not yet baby. Daddy still has to blow up your armbands. How about we start making a castle while we wait?" 

"I don't need by stupid armbands papa!" Harry whined, crossing his arms to show the man he was not happy. 

"Harry." Liam warned. "That's strike two. One more and it's the naughty corner." 

Harry let himself fall dramatically down beside Louis, watching eagerly as the man blew up to pairs of armbands, his were princess themed and he was quite proud of them. "Why do I have to wear them daddy? I can swim good." The boy pouted as Louis placed the items on his arms, doing the same for Niall. 

"Because you're not confident enough, baby, so you'll have to wear them." Louis explained, ignoring the grumbles that came from the boy, and quickly grabbed his hand when the boy was about to walk off so he could put sunscreen on him. "Hey, remember, no going in the water unless papa or I are with you. Okay?" 

"I know." Harry grumbled. "We were just going to make a castle down there. It's better when the sand is wet." Harry explained, "Right Ni?" 

The younger looked up from where Liam was lathering him in sunscreen, "Uh-huh." He nodded, not really sure what he was agreeing to, but he's learned the hard way that it's not wise to say no to his older brother.