39 - What about me?

So um, I made a new one shot book... That one focuses more on the boys as a band whereas this one is more family and all that. Go have a look if you want :) 

- - - 

"Look Li, our own flesh and blood." Louis beamed as he looked at the sonogram picture. "Can't believe it." He sighed, handing the photo to Liam who hadn't wiped his smile off since they found out it was a boy just a few hours prior. 

"Yeah, it's gonna be sick Lou. Never thought we'd have one that's actually our own." 

"Harry's still our own." Louis chuckled. "But I see what you mean." He smiled, leaning onto Liam as the man pressed a kiss on his forehead, both men oblivious to the boy who was supposed to be in bed but was listening to their conversation. 

The boy sat by the entrance of the living room with a pout. He was just a little sad from today's events, nobody asked him how school was, read him a night time story or even attempt to look at his pretty drawing. They said it was a lovely picture but Harry knew they hadn't looked at it; his Dada always cries when Harry makes pretty pictures, so a picture of the family, the new baby included, would've set of the waterworks. Now the boy wasn't so sure he wanted a sibling because by the looks of it, his fathers already loved the new one more, and it was just a bean in auntie Lottie's tummy. Everything had been about that stupid bean for ages and Harry was getting sad about it. 

"He's going to be absolutely perfect." Louis spoke up. "An overachiever like you probably." He laughed. 

"Am not." Liam snorted, "But I can't wait to meet him, teach him things, snuggle. Oh, I love him so much already, and I hope we can have more that are our own." 

"What about me daddy?" This time Harry spoke up, making the men turn around and notice the wide-eyed boy standing in the doorframe, clutching a very grubby stuffed bunny that he never let go of, even going as far as sneaking it into his school bag, thinking his fathers don't notice it. 

"What are you doing up, baby? You should be in bed." Liam tutted, but allowed the boy to climb onto his lap. 

"Didn't read a story." Harry said simply, reaching for the photo Liam was holding. "Is this the baby?" 

"It is. That's your brother." Louis beamed, but his smile faltered when he noticed Harry's unimpressed expression. 

"Was I in Lottie's tummy too, Dada?" 

"No baby." Louis answered. "You were two years old when we got you." 

"Why not?" 

"We'll tell you when you're older, baby, but now it's bedtime." Louis plucked the boy from Liam's lap and carried him upstairs, making sure to read him his bedtime story that he somehow forgot earlier.

- - -

Next family gathering was no fun. Everyone was gathered around his auntie and his fathers, who just sent him of to play with his cousins every time he tried to climb onto their laps. Harry just huffed but made his way to the back garden where the older children were playing. 

"Hey, move." One of kids shoved him when he accidentally walked onto the makeshift football field. 

"Heyy." Harry pouted, rubbing his arm, trying his best to shove the boy back but he wasn't strong enough. 

"Pathetic." The boy laughed. 

"Be nice, he's our cousin." A girl defended but the boy just laughed.