18 - Not forgotten

The past few months had been tough for Harry, or ever since his little brother joined the family. He was used to being the baby and even though it annoyed him at the time, he misses his daddy's constant fussing over him. At the moment he's battling for the attention against his baby brother who can't do anything by himself because he's a stupid baby, and his big brother, who's sixteen and is always out late at night and worrying his father's so that leaves a little time for Harry to get attention. He's feeling the effects of being a middle child.

"Harry, come here a minute." Harry pouts as his teacher calls him up to his desk. "You can't hand in your homework if you haven't done it, honey. You only did two problems and neither of them are correct."

"M'sorry. My papa was gonna help me but he forgot and I don't understand this. I'm sorry. Please, I'll try harder." Harry rambles on the verge of tears.

"Hey it's okay Harry, no need to be upset. I'll send you back home with this and you'll work on it during the weekend alright? Ask your daddies again for help, I'm sure they didn't mean to forget. Okay honey, go back to your seat now." Harry only nods with his head hanging low as she hands the sheet of math problems back to him and lightly pats his back to send him off to his seat.

Luckily Harry has good friends at school that manage to distract him throughout the day but all good things must to an end right?

"Hi baby, how was your day?" Zayn ruffles Harry's hair while the boy was gathering his things. "It was good papa." Harry mumbles as he's putting his jacket on making the father frown. "You okay baby?" Harry only nods, and Zayn looks confusedly at the teacher who sighs. "He had some problem with his homework, nothing major. Just, maybe go over it with him over the weekend, I think math is getting in his way."

"It's okay baby, you don't need to be upset, we'll take a look at it when we get home."

"Hi bug! Was school good?" Liam is standing in the middle of the living room, bouncing a crying Niall in his arms, something that was quite common. "It was good daddy. Can I watch power rangers?"

"I don't see why not, just not for too long though! We don't want your eyes to become square like the TV." So Harry runs to the TV to watch the latest episode of the power rangers and Liam turns to Zayn.

"Louis is in detention again so I told him to come straight home after his practice; I'll talk to him when he gets home." Liam sighs, "He can forget about going out with his friends tonight." Zayn can only nod, detention was fairly common for Louis, skipping classes, coming home drunk... The men had had enough really, but nothing can stop the boy.

"I'll be downstairs finishing up my masterpiece if you need me." Zayn chuckles and pecks little Niall on the head before heading to the basement that had turned into his art studio.

The house had been silent for an hour and Harry was wondering if anyone was going to tell him that TV time was over but no one came. He knows he'll be in trouble if he watches too much TV so he decides to just turn it off and go find the math homework he was supposed to do over the weekend. It's better to just get it over with. He walks through the house to try and find one of his fathers to help him, finally finding Liam in the nursery.

"Daddy. Uhm, can you help me with my homework?" He holds up the sheet to show Liam.
"I'm sorry baby, I'm trying to get Niall to go to sleep, go find papa down in his studio, I'm sure he'll help you." Harry only nods and heads downstairs to find Zayn. "Papa, can you help me with the math?"

"I'm almost done with my work and then I'll be right up to help you, okay?" Harry nods and makes his way back upstairs to the dining room table where he patiently waits for his papa who never arrives. After sitting at the table for quite some time Louis makes his way through the door and in a heartbeat Liam is dragging him aside and calling Zayn to join him. Well, maybe they just need to have a quick chat with Louis and then one of them will come help him. But that never happened.