50.2 - Insomnia - part 2

"Well, good morning bub." Louis smiled at his boy once he finally made his way downstairs close to noon. "M' bed's wet." Harry looked at the ground, cheeks tinted pink. Louis frowned, setting his coffee mug down before guiding the boy back upstairs. 

"It's fine darling." Louis assured the blushing boy who was on the verge of tears. "It's not even that much. Just a little pull-up leak." He kissed the top of the boy's head before throwing his sheets into the hallway and then taking his hand to guide him to the bathroom. "How does a bath sound?" 

"Good." The boy mumbled, nibbling his fingernails as his father started the water. "No, don't do that." Louis tutted, pulling the boy's fingers away from his mouth. "It's icky." He quickly took the boy's pyjamas off, throwing them into the pile of sheets in the hallway before helping him out of the soggy garment. "There we go." Louis smiled, attacking the boy's legs with a washcloth before helping him into the bath. 

"Did you sleep okay?" Louis hummed, gently massaging shampoo into the boy's hair, making the boy nearly purr. "Mhm. Alright I think." Harry nodded, tilting his head back once Louis began to rinse his hair. Once dried and dressed, Louis prepared breakfast or lunch really. He dumped his coffee before making a new one, sighing once he sat down in front of the boy. "Is it good?" Louis motioned towards Harry's sandwich and chips and the boy gave a simple nod. "C'mon, can't be sulky all day." The man reached across the table, giving the boy a slight tickle, happy when he earned a giggle in response. 

"M'sorry. Just don't feel well." Harry admitted, nibbling on his chips. "Should we take your temperature?" Louis fussed, but Harry quickly shook his head. "No daddy. Not like that. Feel like something's off." 

"Oh." Louis nodded. "Baby, I want to have a little chat with you. Is that alright?" 

"Mhm." Harry shrugged, not really sure why he would ask. 

"Well, how is school? Is everything okay at school?" The man asked and Harry furrowed his brows, confused. "Yeah? Love reading, and maths too." Harry pointed out. "Though history can be quite boring." He admitted, making Louis laugh. 

"Yeah, never really fancied history." Louis smiled. "What about your friends? And at recess, is that fun too?" He studied the boy's face, noticing his eyes watering. "Well... Yeah, I think so?" 

"You think so?" Louis frowned, not quite understanding. "Well... uhm..." The boy stuttered, close to bursting into tears. "Don't really have friends." He looked down, sniffling. "But I sometimes get to play games with the kids though." Louis' heart broke. 

"What about Nick? Thought you were best friends?" Louis picked the boy up, carrying him to the living room. Harry suddenly burst into tears, shoving his face into the man's chest. "Oh, baby!" Louis jumped, quite surprised, but quickly began patting the boy's bottom gently, letting him cry it out. 

It took a while, but Harry managed to calm down, thanks to his daddy's soothing voice and gentle swaying. "There we go. Needed a good cry, huh?" Louis fussed, propping the boy up to get a proper look at him. "You think you can talk to daddy now?" Getting a nod from the boy, Louis proceeded to ask him again what he meant before. 

"Uhm... remember last month, at gym class?" Louis thought back, not sure what the boy was referring to. "When you had to come get me?" 

"Yeah." Louis nodded, remembering that Harry had gotten a football kicked in his head quite hard, causing lots of tears, and to the boy's horror, an accident at school. "The kids don't like me anymore." Harry pouted. "Keep calling me a baby and are excluding me out of everything." Harry looked like he was about ready to cry again. "And then last week some kids from the older class started picking on me and yesterday one of them took my lunch and pushed me in the mud at recess!" The boy finally admitted, though feeling quite relieved after saying it out loud.