s i x t y t w o

"would you be willing to runaway with me?" 

the words were stuck on ara's head in that moment. it was obvious she didn't see it that coming, she hoped he would ask anything else but that, especially since taehyung didn't seem the kind to get serious like that with a young girl like her. but she wouldn't complain, she loved him lots and she really wanted to be with him and be free, with him

she didn't need to think about it, she knew the answer already. "yes." a single, eager and truthful nod was all that it took to taehyung to believe her answer was honest. she was dying to be with him. 

"are you sure?" 

"ne." 

"arasseo... but first, you need to know something about me." 

taehyung's words made her mind work in different ways, millions of thoughts rushing. she wondered what could possibly be that thing she needed to know. ara was sure she didn't know taehyung 100% but she couldn't think about anything wrong about him. 

"oppa... what is it?" she asked, her voice more like a whisper. taehyung felt as if she was waiting for him to confess a murder or something like that. 

"i..." he didn't know how to start, what he was going to say was not easy, it was something nobody would believe.

her big brown eyes shot a kind look, an encouragement look that filled taehyung's heart with strenght, the one he needed in that moment. 

"i lied about my age." ara's face changed, an evident sigh of relief. she didn't know what she was expecting but surely not that. she thought lying about his age was not a big deal.

tilting her head, she just chukled. "arasseo... oppa, i really don't mind if you're a couple of years younger or older..." she said with a sweet smile as she lifted her hand to touch one of his light brown locks. taehyung sighed and looked down.

"i really don't know how to say this..." he started. inside he was mortified for her, for her reaction towards him. he couldnt' imagine a life without her in it and if she rejected him for that, it would be the end of him. 

"you said it already... and to be completely honest, i don't care about age oppa... age it's just a number." she stated confidently with her smiley eyes. 

he shook his head. "ani... it's not like that." 

"then what is it?" 

"i am not turning 29 today, i am actually turning 450." he said it without anesthesia. ara blinked twice and after a few seconds of silence she just laughed it out. her hand on her stomach, it was the funniest thing she had listened in her entire life. 

taehyung's frustration grew as he realized the girl didn't really believe him. she noticed he remained serious, looking at her and she stopped laughing. "mwo?" 

"are you done laughing ara-ssi?" he asked in a mocking tone, hands crossed on his chest. "aniyo..." she said and kept laughing. taehyung couldn't help but smile at her cuteness. she was cute even if she was bickering.

"i am being serious." his husky-deep voice made her stop. she wiped the tears that all the laugh had provoked and looked at him in the eye.

"wow... jinjja?" her face was a poem. she didn't have filter nor reaction warning. she would make faces whenever she felt like to and taehyung just loved that about her. he just nodded.