t e n

Ara walked inside the room and found Taehyung staring at the window. She stopped for a few seconds to be absorbed by the sight. His side profile lightened by the afternoon light seemed sculpted by angels itself, she had never seen something more beautiful in her life. He looked soft and helpless, lonely and sad and she hated it. She remembered how happy he was the first days, when she met him, this Taehyung somehow was totally different now.

He felt Ara's presence and slowly turned to look at her. Ara flashed a reassuring smile as she walked towards the boy. "Taehyungie... How are you feeling?" He didn't answer anything, he just stared at her, millions of things going through his mind, millions of questions he wanted to ask, but above all, why me?

He couldn't understand why he was in a situation like this. Was he being selfish? Was he being inconsiderate for asking these questions? Why not him? Another voice said to him, inside his mind. He looked down, to his fingers and swallowed hard. "You talked to her?"

Ara stood next to his hospital bed and nodded. "She'll be here in any minute." Taehyung hated this situation. He hated the thought of his mother being worried about him. Suddenly he felt scared and helpless and started crying. She didn't know what to do at this point. She has never been good comforting people, she was good defending them, solving their problems, that's why she chose this career, but she was never a truly comforting person, but this was Taehyung in front of her.

She leaned towards him and wrapped her arms around him. Taehyung tensed for a second, he wasn't expecting Ara to hug him. They've never hugged before, this was the very first time and for some reason he hated it. He hated the fact that the first hug she gave him was over pity, because she was feeling sorry for him and was trying to comfort him, but still the soft and warm embrace felt like medicine for him. He could not pushed her away, he enjoyed this proximity, so he closed his eyes and kept crying.

"Taehyung stop it. You'll be okay, I promise." She leaned back and looked into his big and dark eyes. He wanted to believe her. He might be young but he wasn't naïve, he knew finding a donor was something really difficult, especially because no one would want to give their hearts to him, it was unrealistic and problematic.

"How do you know?" His deep voice didn't sound sure at all. He was scared and his voice cracking, exposed him. Ara felt her heart shrinking at the image. She held his face between her small hands and smile, her eyes going glassy. "Stop worrying, I'll make sure to find someone." It shocked Taehyung the fact that she knew exactly what troubled him without even having pronounced the words.

He wasn't convinced, it wasn't like she was god or something. Ara noticed the boy was still worried and lifted her hand to caress his soft hair. "What is it?" Her voice was sweet and full of empathy. "Even if you do, we couldn't afford a procedure like this in a million years." She sighed and shook her head, a sad smile reaching her lips.

She hit his arm playfully but still softly. "Yah... I told you not to worry about that okay?" She lifted her eyebrows and just when Taehyung was about to say something, the door opened revealing a worried looking woman, with eyes similar to Taehyung's.

"Son!" Her high tone echoed in the room as she rushed to the bed. Ara took a step back to give them a moment together, still Taehyung didn't let go of her hand.

"Mom!." He tried to sound strong for his mother, he didn't want to worry her more than she looked already. "Why you didn't call me? What happened?" She asked to him, but looking around, trying to figure out who was the girl in the room.

Ara felt it was time to talk so she bowed. "Han Ara, it's nice to finally meet you, given the circumstances, i am sorry it had to be this way." The woman looked at her with confused eyes, looking back at Taehyung. He smiled tenderly at her and nodded.