f i f t y s e v e n

that weekend he didn't hear from her, she didn't appear suddenly on his door like he thought she would. that weekend was silent and lonely, just as most of taehyung's life.

he didn't move much either, he didn't know why but he was lowkey waiting she would appear on his door, but after it didn't happen, he considered the thought of going to her instead. but then he thought about what excuse he could give to her or her mother if they asked and the answer was always the same: better not.

once the weekend was finally over, a feeling of uncertainty hit him when he reached the school's building. it was monday and he was going to see her since they had classes that day. 

he swallowed hard as he approached the entrance, his heart racing at the expectation. he looked around, trying not so hard, but he didn't see her anywhere in the school's backyard. he knew he couldn't waste more time so instead he just did his way inside the teacher's building to get his stuff.

"annyeonghaseyo." he greeted the class, looking at the fresh faces that were sitting on the chairs. his eyes immediately went to the familiar and now empty chair.

she wasn't there.

his eyes caught the sight of someone staring at him. he noticed jimin's dark eyes staring him with rage. he couldn't help but turn around and avoid the young man's glares. he wondered if he had visited ara during the weekend and if she had shared with what happened with him. 

the thought of jimin going to the principal's and telling him everything didn't leave taehyung's mind during the whole class.

once it ended, jimin did his way out, glaring once more at the tall one but he didn't say anything. that made taehyung think he really didn't know anything about what happened between him and ara and that it was just that taehyung wasn't jimin's cup of tea.

when the school day was over, taehyung breathed in relief. he wanted to return home quickly, he wanted to sleep and wake up the next day and rush to the school just to see her again.

he thought maybe she was sick and woke up that morning with fever due to a flu, or that maybe she slept that morning and the clock alarm didn't wake her up. 

but after ara didn't attend the school the next day and the next one and eventually the whole week, taehyung got really worried.

it was friday finally and she wasn't there. he saw jimin leaving biology class, the blonde glared at the professor and did his way out of the classroom. taehyung felt the tentation to follow him and ask him genuinely about han ara but he didn't dare.

he thought that maybe the blonde knew something and he didn't want to get into trouble. instead he just went to the principal's office to talk to him.

even if taehyung managed to came up with a good excuse to ask about her, the principal said he didn't know the girl was missing that whole week and scolded taehyung because he should have informed previously and not a week later.

taehyung felt guilty for talking just then and he apologized to the principal and finally did his way home.

he thought about visiting her house that weekend but the nerves didn't let him move from the couch. he was paralized, his head filled with thoughts.

what if he arrives and her mother is there? what if jimin is there? what if she doesn't want to see him ever again? what if she hates him now?

every single question that his mind worked up were breaking his heart. he felt all the answers for those questions were positive and that just frightened him.