n i n e t e e n

ara noticed how the blonde had been coming daily for the past week. he would do the same every day. he would arrive between 8:00 – 8:30 p.m and would order only a water bottle. then when everyone was gone, he would ask ara to cook him whatever she wanted and they would end up talking through a bottle of soju.

she realized that by 7:00 p.m she started longing for his visit and she would wonder constantly if he would come that day. taehyung never failed and showed up every day. his presence made ara feel at peace somehow. he wasn't like most of the young men she knew, this one was more mature and radiated an aura that made her feel contented and at ease.

"Hi." taehyung stood from the table and walked to the bar and took his usual seat. ara smiled as she cleaned the cold metal surface.

"Hi there, kim taehyung." he chuckled at her politeness. taehyung turned to look around and found a couple at the back. they were still eating and they looked in love. he turned around again and his eyes met ara's. they both chuckled at the same time.

"they're pretty in love." she said and he nodded. "the love at that age... it's like spring." he frowned as he looked at her carefully. her tired eyes somehow told him she had been in love in this life and now taehyung was curious about who was and if they were still together?

"ajumma... you speak as if you have felt it before." ara who was looking with lost eyes at the couple, blinked twice and looked at taehyung, swallowing hard.

"yah... what are you going to eat today?" she clearly avoided answering to his comment. taehyung thought that maybe she has been in love but it didn't work out. somehow this thought made feel taehyung happy inside. sure it was a selfish feeling but he couldn't help himself.

"i am not hungry today. i had a business dinner before, so i'll take the soju, please?" ara narrowed her eyes as she looked for bottle of soju from the fridge. she took a glass and brought it to taehyung. 

"so you just came for the soju? you could have had that in any bar." she tilted her head and stared at the blonde in front of her. he chuckled as he poured a shot.

"I don't think so."

"Why is that?" she inquired.

"in a bar... i wouldn't have these kind of pleasant conversations." he took the soju in a single shot and winked at the lady. she felt her cheeks burning and quickly turned around and grabbed a pot and started cleaning it.

taehyung chuckled mentally. he just proved he still had an effect, even in this ara too. he ran a hand through his hair just when she turned around. the view was pretty, she had to admit taehyung was a handsome young man.

he stretched and grabbed a small glass from the other side of the bar and poured a drink. "here ajumma, drink with me-

"Not tonight... i have to- she didn't have a good excuse, but seeing that couple on the back, sharing their food, smiling and drinking from the same glass just made her somehow realized that she'll probably give the wrong impressions to the customers if she's seeing drinking with a client and what is worse, a younger one.

taehyung noticed her worried face and immediately understood what was going on. he sighed and drank the soju he served. "Well can you give me another bottle, please?" she nodded but just when she was walking towards the fridge, the young couple called her.

he noticed how she walked to the cashier and after giving them the bill, she stared at them as they looked for the money to pay. taehyung have lived long enough to know that she was probably longing what they had. now more than ever he needed to know her status.