t h i r t y t w o

"Hello?"

"kim taehyung...?"

"who is this?"

"someone that knows your little secret."

taehyung's eyes widened, he opened his mouth to ask something but soon the line went off. he remained frozen with his hand still on the phone. he felt his knees going weak as he looked for the breakfast table as a support. slowly he pulled the phone down and turned around, eyeing the apartment carefully, his mind working in all directions, feeling observed. 

but the apartment was empty, there was no one there, only him. he walked out of the kitchen and towards the living room. he approached the big glassy windows and looked down to see if maybe there was someone looking at him but at this point he knew he was just being paranoic. 

thinking about what secret the person was talking about on the phone was really easy. the first thought was: his condition. 

he suspected the person who called him probably knew about him being unable to die or age. but he also acknowledged it was a stupid thought since all the people who knew this were either dead or just super dead. 

taehyung took a quick shower and went to bed but falling asleep that night seemed somehow an impossible task. he was never a good sleeper, especially after all he's been trough in his life. he would always have some hard time falling asleep and no tea would help, but that night was definitely on another level.

he would just roll to each side of the bed, trying to clear his mind but it was useless. not only the phone call concerned him but also the sudden appearance of ara in his life, again

trying to understand the reasons why was difficult. it was something he couldn't understand. he wasn't complaining about seeing her again but everything was so confussing. he was just scared to death. 

but it all made sense. he's been living alone for so long, 75 years to be exact, that since the last time he saw her... do ara

his previous experiences with both aras weren't exactly exceptional. they both had happy moments but the sad ones were the only ones that stuck with him. he was never able to enjoy time with them and he feared this would happen again.

he tried to close his eyes, forcing himself, trying to think about other things. even if he tried hard he opened his eyes only to find out it was 5:50 a.m and it was now time to get up and get ready for work. 

once he arrived the floor where he worked, he noticed his assistant waiting for him with a coffee on her hands. 

"president kim... there's someone waiting for you inside." she bowed respectfully as she handed him a warm plastic cup with taehyung's favorite coffee, americano. 

he sighed as he tried to think who this might be. he frowned as he walked towards the door.

"it's jeon jansook." she whispered as if she read his mind, before taehyung could open the door. he stopped on his tracks and felt his heart beating faster. 

jeon jansook was one of the most important shareholders of kim law firm. taehyung had been knowing him for years now and he was a good partner but taehyung never fully trusted him. 

he sighed before opening the door. he found the man sitting on one of the chairs and a young man standing behind him. 

"mr. jeon what a lovely surprise." taehyung greeted him as he walked towards his desk. the man laughed out loud and stood to shake taehyung's hands.