f i f t y s i x

"you know what?... in a few minutes i'll be 19." she said, looking at him seriously. for a moment all her childish charms vanished. her look seemed grown and self-confident.

taehyung's eyes widened, he checked his clock as he swallowed hard. it marked 11:57 a.m. he looked back at her, she had a different expression just as if she had matured in a matter of minutes.

"jinjja...?" he whispered, his eyelashes trembling. she just nodded. he felt his heart racing at the view.

"ne... i am an adult now." 

19. that meant she was a legal person by the korean laws. and that was exactly what han ara was trying to show to him. she was surely a young woman but she wasn't a kid.

he looked at her and felt his whole body going weak. he couldn't think about someone more beautiful than her. right there in that moment, he felt drunk. he freed his heart and let it feel whatever it wanted.

for a second, he let go all prejudices and fears and everything that was holding him back. the only thing he was feeling was infatuation.

he was in love with her, from even before she was born. he's been in love with her since he was a young boy, since he was even younger than her. that was han ara, his han ara.

her eyes sparkled at the sight of taehyung examining her whole face. she felt exposed but she liked it. she liked the way her professor looked at her even if she knew it had to feel wrong, it didn't. it felt perfectly right.

taehyung licked his lip once he caught the sight of her biting hers. he knew she was young but he also knew what she was doing.

the tension between them was undeniable and it was more than obvious that she was provoking him.

when she looked at taehyung's full lips, he knew it was a green light from her, inviting him to kiss her and even if he knew he shouldn't, he didn't even hesitate it. he leaned down towards her face with precaution as he stared at her rosie small lips. 

she had her eyes on him, looking at his beautiful big dark eyes. she noticed his eyelashes trembling and felt her heart racing. he was just as nervous as she was.

finally with a soft touch, he crushed his lips against hers as his hand wrapped on the back of her neck. the both shut their eyes as she wrapped her arms aroun his torso, pulling him close to deepen the kiss.

both hearts stopped for a moment. both minds connected through their lips. the kiss was passionate and as much as they knew it should feel wrong, it felt right.

it was the right thing to do. a thing both wanted to do since they first laid eyes on each other. 

it wasn't han ara's first kiss but it surely felt like it was her first. the way taehyung kissed her, so passionately and so fondly, she could feel all the feelings he had for her, the unspoken feelings through his soft lips.

taehyung didn't want to disrespect her but he also didn't want to let her go. he wanted to have her with him, that night and forever.

he broke the kiss softly, still with his forehead against hers and grabbed her cheeks and looked into her eyes. "you want to stay with me?" her eyes lighten up like a christmas tree as she nodded eagerly. he couldn't send her back home. he couldn't let her go.

they both smiled into a short but sweet kiss. "happy birthday han ara." he whispered as his lips got lost again in hers. between a smile, she giggled and returned the kiss as passionately as she knew.