t h i r t y o n e

"after 75 years... you're here. i've found you."  he mumbled to himself 

he stared at her for about ten minutes, he felt like it was probably creepy and if someone would notice they'll probably kick him out of the party but he didn't care. he had waited too long for this.

she placed her hand under her chin as she looked at the city, she sighed and looked for something on her purse. her eyes looked melancholic and even a bit lost. after a few seconds she pulled a cigarette and a lighter. he wondered what were the odds? how he's looking at someone who looks exactly like them, both, but 205 years later. how was this possible?

just in that moment she turned around and started walking towards the door. taehyung quickly turned around and tried to go unnoticed.

she walked out of the balcony and inside the party.  taehyung hesitated wether he should followed her or not but he did it anyways, at this point he really couldn't care less about being caught or not. 

he walked behind her, keeping some distance but soon he spotted joongi ahead him waving eagerly. his eyes diverted from taehyung to the woman walking in front of him. joongi smiled widely as he approached her and grabbed her by the shoulders placing a kiss on both cheeks.

"i was looking for you." taehyung read joongi's lips and his heart stopped.

"taehyung!" he exclaimed as he grabbed the woman's shoulders and pulled her close to him turning her around so she could meet taehyung. 

the black haired guy stopped on his tracks, a weird feeling of suddenly being discovered worried him. his eyes widened when they met hers. a pair of warm but troubled soft brown orbs stared back at him. she blinked a couple of times before she and joongi approached taehyung.

naturally he forgot how old he was. his whole body shaking, his knees seemed to be made of jelly. he never felt his nervous meeting her, not before in the previous two times. but there was something about her that was menacing and just different.

"mr. laywer this is nam ara, my fiancé." joongi's words felt as if an iced bucket was dropped on taehyung's head. he remained motionless, blinking twice as he stared at the couple in front of him. 

nam ara?

ara...

he hasn't pronounced nor heard that name in years, 75 to be exact. it was impossible for him to remain calmed. his heart was beating faster, his temples throbbing already. 

thinking about the previous times he met her and thinking it didn't work out those times just made him have mixed feelings. he wanted to run away from her, but he couldn't, because he also wanted to know more about her, and even if possible, spend time with her as well.

her eyes posed on taehyung. she examined his features and wondered what was wrong with him. she turned to look at joongi and frowned. the man cleared his throat and called his name but taehyung seemed to be spacing out.

"taehyung?" joongi's voice raised as some heads turned to look at them, shame covering his cheeks, he tried to shook the black haired guy's shoulders, when finally he reacted, blinking countless times, he turned to look at Joongi who was staring back at him.

"are you okay mr. lawyer?" he asked in a joking tone, after a few awkward seconds, they both laughed. "sure... i just, i remembered something- uhh- nice to meet you." taehyung bowed respectfully, she did the same.

"this is kim taehyung, my lawyer." joongi said sweetly to her, she glanced at the black haired and sighed. "sure, nice to meet you too." taehyung immediately felt offended due to the lack of interest from her side but he kept being marveled about the resemblance she possessed with the other two.