s e v e n

The way back home was quiet and peaceful. For a moment Ara thought there was something going on with him since he always was chatty and playful but right now he was silent. She walked next to him as she hugged the sunflowers between her arms.

"They're pretty, thank you." Her sweet voice awakened him from his trance, he turned around and smiled tenderly at her. He didn't know what her favorite flowers were and he never got the chance to ask her so he was nervous on his way to the faculty overthinking about his flower choice but now he was glad to know that she liked them.

Once they arrived her the faculty, they both stopped walking and turned to look at each other. He had his hands on his pockets and his eyes fixed on her. Ara noticed how the cold breeze of the night had tousled his locks so she chuckled and extended her hands slowly towards his head. He opened his eyes widely not knowing what she was going to do.

"Your hair." She simply said, an "o" forming on Taehyung's lips as he leaned down so she could have better access to his hair. She softly combed his wild light brown locks with her small fingers. Taehyung felt his heart beating like crazy as he looked at her from below.

"There, much better." Ara giggled at her work of art, she had combed his hair parted to one side. Taehyung stood straight and smiled but the smile didn't reach his eyes. Ara looked at him and swallowed hard. She wondered the sudden change on his attitude.

"I have something to tell you." His deep voice sent shivers down her spine. She nodded quickly as she held tight the sunflowers between her arms. Taehyung scratched the back of his neck and swallowed hard.

"I lied to you." Ara's eyes widened, blinking several times she took a step towards him.

"What about?"

"I... My brother doesn't study medicine." Ara sighed and laughed. "Well... I kind of suspected it anyways-

"I don't have a brother at all... I am only child." She tilted her head as she frowned. "Are you serious?" He nodded.

"Why would you make up something like that? It's not cool, you know?" Taehyung looked down, his sad eyes avoiding hers. "I am sorry." Ara chuckled and hit him playfully on his arm. "So this is why you've been quiet all the way back?"

Taehyung looked up and noticed she wasn't upset about him lying about his fictional brother. He frowned but finally nodded. "I guess I kind of always knew... Just, don't lie to me ever again, okay?" She lifted a finger, pointing towards him in a scolding way. He sighed in relief and nodded slowly.

"Okay." She said smiling at him. Taehyung felt a big weight leaving his shoulders. It had kept him awake all night, thinking about that lie he told her the first day they met.

"So why did you tell me that?"

"Isn't it obvious? I wanted to have an excuse."

Ara narrowed her eyes. "For what?" Taehyung smirked as he leaned down, close to her, their faces millimeters away. "As an excuse to see you everyday." He winked.

"Yah!" She hit his shoulder but he laughed it out. Being hit by her was one of the things that he couldn't care less, in fact he enjoyed it because he knew under her upset frown laid a smile. She would always have a hidden smile and making her smile was his favorite hobbie.

"You shouldn't be waiting for me every day... You should be studying you know?" Taehyung stood straight and looked at her from above, a pout formed on his lips and Ara chuckled. It was funny seeing him making these faces, Ara hated to admit they actually had some effect on her.