"He's not my—"

"Hey there, corporate," he grinned, his usual playful grin being displayed. 

"Hello, Brenda," I replied, making him scoff. 

"Brenda? Really? That's like... So 6th grade," he said, rolling his eyes as he moved his dark locks from his face. 

"I didn't even know you in 6th grade," I laughed, nearly forgetting that Zayn aka my boss was standing right there. I coughed awkwardly, shoving my hands in my pocket as I took a step from away from the car. I heard footsteps next to me and I didn't even have to look to know that Zayn had walked up. 

I glanced at him, getting uncomfortable as he burned a glare into Brendon. 

"Zayn, this is my friend Brendon. Brendon, this is Zayn," I introduced. 

"Hey man," Brendon says, his tone easy going as usual. He held out his hand for him to shake but Zayn being the prick he is didn't return it. Brendon is naturally a pretty smooth guy, so he easily took his hand back, not letting this dampen his bright mood. "I've heard a lot about you... Thanks to this little one who just can't shut her mouth. Your practically all she talks about."

"Shut up," I said as I hit him in the shoulder. Zayn definitely didn't need to know that I talked about him. I'm sure he would just get all cocky.

"Ow. Just a word of advice, if you get close to this one... Be careful. She's... erm.. Mean."

Zayn loosened up a bit, but he still looked liked he wanted to light Brendon on fire. 

."Anywho, I'm going to head inside and see if I can grab a table. Nice to meet you Zayn," Brendon smiles, as he backs away. Of course a departure wouldn't be complete with him slapping my back. I flinched from the pain, spinning around to give him a death glare of my own but he had already reached the door. Idiot probably waited outside for me knowing I would be with Zayn. Knowing Brendon he probably wanted to meet Zayn and humiliate me while he was at it.

"God," I cursed, rubbing my stinging back as I turned around towards Zayn. 

"He's... Friendly," he said slowly. 

"He likes meeting new people," I mumbled. "So... Do you want to come and eat with us? You can stay if you like," I offered, even though I really didn't want Zayn spending time with me and the idiot I call my best friend. Brendon has no boundaries, something I am convinced Zayn lives by.

"No thanks... I should really get back. Lot's of paperwork to do," he declined, backing away from me. 

"Alright... Thanks, by the way. For everything. For driving me... And for last night."

"I'll see you on Monday," Zayn said stiffly, not replying. 

"Right. See you... On Monday," I sighed as I watched him drive away.

***

"Finally!" Brendon exclaims as I sit down across the table from him. "I was beginning to think I had to go out there and pry you two off each other."

"Nothing is going on between me and Zayn!" I said, raising my voice a bit. 

"Your such a dimwit sometimes," Brendon replied as he glanced down the menu. 

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing," he mumbled quickly. "Hey Marissa, we're ready to order!" he shouted, waving over the familiar waitress. 

Marissa walks towards us, getting out her pad and pen from her green apron that was tied around her waist. "What," she spat, tone bland and cold, her grip tightening around her pen as she waited impatiently.

Brendon wasn't her favorite person in the world, but who could blame her. Brendon led her on without even really realizing he was, and when he finally told her the truth, she literally threw a fork at the boy, nearly getting herself fired. 

"Could you please make me one of your delicious sandwiches? Oh, and an iced lemon tea, please."

"I don't make the sandwiches, smart ass, Mitch does," she says before turning towards me.

"I'll have the soup, and just some water," I told her, smiling as Marissa  wrote it down before walking off.  "Kissing up to her isn't going to change anything, she hates you," I said as soon as she was out of earshot. 

"How can I forget? She nearly poisoned me."

"Putting salt in your tea instead of sugar isn't poisoning," I laughed, earning a stare from him. "Come on, give her a break, you broke her heart. She spent five months chasing after a guy who turned out to be—"

"Well damn, she can't be mad forever. I apologized anyway."

"You also forget that two seconds after a bread roll at you."

"An old bread roll. That thing was rock hard. That chick seriously has some driving across the country to kill you potential... They shouldn't let her have scissors... Or pens... Or anything, for that matter. She shot a rubber band at me."

"You also fail to mention that the rubber band missed you and hit Mads."

I laughed as he simply shrugged this bit of information off. 

"Whatever. Your taking the first bite of my sandwich though."

"Fine."