22

Chapter 21
________________________

I did not sleep at all last night. How could he be so insensitive? It made me want to hate him but I didn't actually, I wanted him more than anything.

I'm the type who will be stupid enough to forgive a person no matter what they do to hurt me.

I pulled my phone out and dialed what I thought was Elkie's number but when I pressed send Bentleys name was across the screen.. not Elkies my heart shattered and realized I was trying to call Bentley to talk to but I couldn't.

I hung up and this time really dialed Elkies number.

"Hello? Avery it's midnight." I could tell I woke her.

"I'm sorry but, can I come over or.. can you come over?" I asked trying to hide the sadness in my tone. "Avery.. What-" she stopped "I'll be over in ten minutes." We hung up.

I knew she was the only one I could vent to right now about my feelings.

Since the only other people that cared chose to leave me.

What did I do to deserve this? To deserve losing everyone Bentley, my mom, and even Kyson.

Of all people I thought he cared enough to stand by me. I guess I was wrong.

I must have done something to make him leave me but I don't have a clue what I did? Why is all I could register in my brain at the moment.

Why Why why why Wh- the door bell rang interrupting my thoughts.

I ran to it to let Elkie in. "He-" it wasn't Elkie it was Crew.

"Your so called boyfriends an idiot you know that?" He said pulling me in to hug him. I felt awkward since he has tried to hit on me before..

"Yeah.. I just figured that out about thirty minutes ago.." I couldn't hide my sadness.

"Can I come in?" I realized he was only half way through the door. "Oh, yeah sure come on in." he sat down on the couch and motioned me to come sit by him "Come here let's talk."

I slowly walked and sat a good distance away and turned to talk to him.

I could feel the water works coming. I couldn't hold them in "Why would he do this? Of all times why now god dammit!" I threw my face into one of my moms decorative couch pillows and screamed in it like I had earlier.

It helped calm me for a second but then I was so angry and hurt again.

"Avery I'm sorry.. He well" he hesitated "He sent me to tell you something because he didn't have the heart to say it." Crew spoke up. I was eager to hear what he needed to say.

"What?" I snapped bitterly. "He doesn't like me anymore huh? that's it he doesn't like me!" I said sobbing into my hands "He stopped liking me he hates me he thinks I'm ugly as shit! I wasn't good enough for him.." I trailed off, sobbing even harder.

"Ave no.. no, no, God no! Avery he is just as sad as you. Maybe not as hurt but.. Avery listen he told me to tell you be loves you and he had to say that so you won't get hurt. He umm wanted me to explain something.."

I sat closer to him waiting for him to tell me!

"Avery. Don't say anything until I'm finished and don't freak out." He said staring at his feet.

"Ok, he wanted me to tell you that if you guys are together right now you will be in danger. There are some.. People that think its his fault Bentley did what he did and they are willing to hurt anyone to get even with him Avery. You're the only person he loves and if they find out then they'll do anything to torture him Ave." his story was over.

My heart was freaking out and so was my brain. "Can't.. what.. why.. now?" I said sounding gibberish.

"So I'm just suppose to let them hurt him? When instead they could be hurting me.." my mind was on fire. I could let everyone know how much I loved him so that he wouldn't get hurt, then-

"No Avery. You can't." Uh oh I'm doing this again. "You've done it before?" Crew said looking at me like I was a freak of nature.

"Avery I have to go but, promise me you won't do anything stupid?" he said worriedly

"I promise not to do anything stupid." I said putting my hand over my heart. I wasn't lying. I didn't promise I wouldn't be smart and save my boyfriend from getting hurt.

I need to find him.