10

Chapter 10
________________________

I waited for Kyson in my car at the front of the school. What was taking him so long?

All day I had been wondering where he wanted me to take him. Kyson appeared coming out of the school.
He looked so cute. My mind flashed back to this morning. I had been thinking about that kiss all morning too.

"Hey Princess" he said getting into the car. "Hey. So where do you want me to take you?" I asked curious. "Well.." he began but my phone was ringing. I looked down at the screen it was my mom.

"Sorry I have to take this. its my mom." I said.

"Hello?"

"Avery.. I'm sorry but" she sounded worried "I'm out of town again and won't be able to get a flight back home until next week"

I didn't know wether I was scared or excited to have the house to myself for a whole week.

"Oh.. Ok that's fine. or-uh- I mean I'll be fine!" I said sounding fake as ever.
"Ok just thought I'd call you and let ya know. Love ya Ave. see you"

I hung up the phone. I looked at Kyson who was staring out the window looking bored. "sorry bout that" I told him with a sad smile. I felt like he had no one to talk to and when ever he tries to talk to me. People just keep getting in the way.

"It's fine." he said.

"Are you ok?" I asked. I was really worried about him. About where he was going. It took him a minute to reply. It looked like he wanted to say something but he didn't know how. his face was full of sad and hurt. I wondered what happened with his mom. "You can trust me." I said softly while finding his hand and holding it softly. I tried to look at him but I was driving with one hand and needed to keep my eyes on the rode.

"I don't think you want to hear what I want to say." He replied. It made me even more worried. What if he wanted to say he didn't like me. What if he still thinks I'm annoying!?

My heart was racing in my chest. It felt like it was going to burst. I held my breath for a minute. "I don't care what it is. Just tell me" I pleaded.

He waited a minute before finally answering me. "Well.. My mom, She got remarried over the weekend and.. she didn't even tell me and she said the neighbors called her and told her about this morning how we went to my house." he paused for a minute before continuing. "She got mad at me when she has no right too be. I am the one who can be mad. She got married without telling me." his eyes turned cold. "Hell I haven't even met the guy!" he yelled. No wonder he was so hurt. He felt like his mom has abandoned him.

"You know what's even worse?" he stated "She wanted me to share a room with the guys son. That's why I need you to take me to my friend Mason's house. I can stay there for a while." I felt horrible for him. How could his mom do that to him? just shut him out not even care about his feelings.

Before thinking I pulled the car over and stared at him straight in the eyes "Kyson.." I paused for a second was I really about to do this? "My mom won't be home until next week. Why don't you stay with me for all that time?" I hoped he would say yes but then again, I was scared for him to stay at my house. The two of us alone

"Avery, I don't know. Are you sure?" he asked me looking a bit more happy. "Of course I'm sure you dork" I made him laugh.

"Ok. I will be happy to.. if" he paused "if you stop calling me a dork. I am not a dork." He said with his face more serious then Ever. it was intimidating.

"O-ok fine." I whispered turning to get back on the road so we could get back to my house.

The rest if the car ride was silent. I took a fire glimpses of Kyson and he had fallen asleep. My house was a good fifteen minutes from the school. With the traffic and he rain it made it longer.

We finally got back to my house. I nudged Kyson.

His eyes shot open and he silently got out of he car I did the same. We both walked to the front door and I opened it. It reminded me of when we were last standing in front of my door.

I told Kyson he could stay in the guest bedroom but he insisted on sleeping in my bed. He said it was the most comfortable thing in the world.

I didn't bother fighting with him because he was already having such a bad day.

"So Avery." uh oh this didn't sound like it was going to be good. "I say we have a little party, a few friend over while your moms out?" he asked giving me a devilish smirk.

Was he crazy? Knowing my luck my mom would find out and I'd be in very big trouble. I'd be grounded for life. Literally.

But still he looked at me with his puppy dog face. Seriously? How could I say no? "On a Monday night? I asked him. Everyone would be doing homework and getting ready to have school on Tuesday. No one would come.

"No silly. We could do it tomorrow night since we don't have school Wednesday." he said. I completely forgot about no school this Wednesday. I guess it wouldn't end up too bad. Unless Bentley showed up. I think it will be fun.

"Alright. That sounds ok." I was a little scared to see the after math of the party. "Great, thanks Ave you're the best!" he said pulling me in for a hug. I could stay like this forever. It didn't seem wrong no matter how much I missed Bentley.

Being with Kyson was better anyway.