17

Chapter 17

________________________

It was now Thursday. Kyson didn't want to have the party but I insisted. It was the only time I probably ever would be able to have one at my house.

Elkie and Crew were great help. Elkie got all the decorations and Crew helped out with the food. "So should we make a list of people we should invite?" Elkie asked me. "Well maybe we can just let everyone know somehow." I said trying to think of what we could do.

"Bad boy and I can put something on Instagram or Facebook?" Crew said pointing to him and Kyson.

"Are you ok with that Mr. Bad boy?" I said smiling at Kyson. "I only do it for you" he said pulling his phone out to get on the Internet.

Even something as dumb as that made me want to kiss his face off. He is just so dang cute. His brown hair fell in the way of his crystal blue eyes while he was looking down at his phone. His hair had gotten much longer since we first met. "What?" he said smiling at me "Nothing." I said as my cheeks turned a light shade of red.

"Babe, it's ok you're aloud to check me out." he said smirking. I just stuck my tongue out like a little kid and went upstairs to find Elkie.

"Elkie?" I called she ran out of my room clutching her phone. She had tears streaming down her face.

"Elkie, what's wrong?" I yelled. I couldn't help it I was scared.

Crew ran up the stairs and behind him was Kyson. "Elkie honey, what's wrong?" Crew said pushing past me and grabbing Elkie.

What was making her act like this? it scared me. She looked terrified! "Elkie please tell us what's wrong." I said quietly. She threw her phone at the wall and started screaming. "Its all your fault. You and Kyson.. if it didn't happen then he wouldn't.." She trailed off and collapsed into Crews arms sobbing now.

I was scared what did she mean. She didn't even finish her sentence. What was mine and Kysons fault? Did someone say something to her?

I felt Kyson grab me from behind and flung me around to face him he just hugged me. "Nothing is ever your fault, no matter what happened it wasn't out fault." he stated "Avery I love you." he said kissing me softly on the lips.

"Stop it!" Elkie cried "It's because of you two he is gone!" She shouted at us.

What did she mean he's gone? who?

"Elkie who? Who is gone!?" I yelled shaking her shoulders. She took a deep breath and everything was quiet. She hugged me and when we pulled apart she wiped the tears from her eyes. They were red and puffy.

"Ave I want you to know I didn't mean it. It's not your fault or Kysons but.." she trailed off. I braced myself to hear her devastating news. "Avery.. Bentley killed himself last night." I couldn't believe it. My heart sank. My throat was dry.

I dropped to my knees. "W-w-what.." I said beginning to sob into my hands. Kyson sat beside me and pulled me into his lap. I buried my face in his chest.

I couldn't help it. I was over whelmed so I started crying. Hard. You would think I was being killed but, no I was crying because my best friend died because of me. Because of me and Kysons happiness.

I don't deserve to be happy.

"Don't say that." Kyson mumbled "Ave you're scaring me." he said his voice was at the verge of breaking into a cry.

"Kyson.. It's true. he killed himself because of us.." The last memory he had of me and Kyson was us telling him to get the hell out of my house.

"Avery. Stop. I love you and none of that had to do with Bentleys choice." he sounded so angry. "Please Avery stop it. It's not our fault!" he said pulling me tighter to him.

We need to go to Bentleys. I need to talk to his mom.

I got up and left Kyson sitting on the floor. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"To talk to Bentleys mom." I said running down the stairs.

"Wait. I'm coming to." Elkie spoke. "Me too" Crew and Kyson both said at the same time.

"I think it's best I go alone." I said twisting the door knob to go to my car.

Kysons hand stopped me. "We're all his friend too. We need to go." he said giving me sad eyes. It was relative to his puppy dog face. Almost identical. "Alright fine." I said.

We all got in my Car. "Avery, you're not driving. I am. You can't drive like this." he said pulling me into his arms. He picked me up bridal style and sat me in the passenger seat.

He started the car and we went down the street toward Bentleys house.

"Here we go" I mumbled as my house disappeared.