Chapter Forty-Seven: Keary

I turned back to Adira while drawing my blade from its case on the belt at my waist. I brought the blade up to her face, and started drawing it across her jaw-line. She shut her eyes and tried to jerk away, but Fay held her fast. I looked back to Theo. His eyes were widened, and he seemed to be feeling as much pain as she was.

Adira gritted her teeth against the pain and let out a slight moan. Theo tried to get up, but failed miserably.

“Get away from her!” He yelled.

Fay was smirking as hard as she could, reveling in the pain she was helping to cause. For a moment, I was disgusted at this love of pain. But then I realized that if I was disgusted by her enjoyment, then I had much reason to be disgusted with myself. It was a troubling thought and I pushed it out of my mind. I had other things to do.

“I said, get away from her!” Theo yelled again.

Before I knew it, I was on the ground. Theo had loosened his bonds enough to break free from them and had tackled me to ground. Fay dropped Adira and dragged Theo back from me. He was barely conscious, having exerted himself over-much, and Fay had an easy time dragging him back from me. I got up and approached Theo whose eyes were barely open.

“You try again and again. But you never succeed. It’s really a wonder you haven’t stopped by now.” I was right in front of him.

He looked up defiantly, “We will never give up.” He managed to get out before he sank into unconsciousness again.

“Theo!” Adira cried, holding a hand to her jaw where I had cut her.  

I sighed deeply, leaning against the cave wall. “If you will tell me where the ring is, I will let you go.” I said it softly and slowly.

Adira looked at me sadly, and slightly fearful, “I tell you the truth when I tell you that I never knew there was a ring, and that if I knew about it, I would’ve told long before this.”

I leaned my head back against the cave wall and sighed again. I believed them. How could I not. They had been through so much, and had not told me anything. From what I knew of love, which was very little, one couldn’t bear to see their partner hurt. Well, they had seen each other hurt a great deal, and their love seemed genuine. It might have been a weak argument, but it was enough for me.

All I wanted to do now was leave them in this cave and go somewhere else. The only thing I had gotten out of this experience was the knowledge that maybe revenge wasn’t really worth it. Or if it was, that I should go about it a different way. One way or another, I was about done with this means of revenge and was ready to try another. One not involving princess’s, powerful rings, young soldiers, and cruel people with robotic limbs.

Welp, how's that? o.o Lol hope you guys enjoyed! :D

Keary - GadSul