Chapter Forty-Six: Theo

We had been so close, and yet, still failed. If only I had been stronger, I could have fought Keary, and saved Adira. But here I was, weak, and barely able to stay awake. I was pathetic.

Once Adira finished cleaning at her wound on her arm, she dropped the rag and picked up my hand again, squeezing it in her own. I gripped hers back, comforted by the soft familiar feeling of each crevice and line. My eyes gradually drifted closed, finally relaxing.

All too soon, her hand left my own and my eyes shot back open. I struggled to sit up as I watched Keary pull Adira away from me. There was a fierce look in his eye that greatly worried me.

Keary threw Adira into Fay’s arms and stalked back over to me. He leaned down slightly, right into my face. “This is ridiculous. I almost just want to kill you here and now,” he said.

I ignored the disorientated feeling that made me want to shut my eyes tightly, and snapped back, “If we are so much trouble, then let us go.”

The man grabbed a hold of part of my hair and yanked my head up, causing me to grit my teeth together. He then proceeded to speak in my ear.

“Oh, I can’t let you go now. You’ve been here too long.”

I finally relented to the nagging desire in my head and started to close my eyes. But was halted by Keary shaking me.

“Oh, no you don’t. You aren’t going to close your eyes until I say you can,” he said menacingly.

Then, he released my hair, causing my head to hit against the ground, painfully. I let out a low moan, but didn’t close my eyes.

Keary stalked over to Adira and pinched her cheekbones with his fingers, opening her mouth. He looked down at her, his gaze angry and hers fearful.

“No, don’t touch her,” I ordered, managing to sit up and slump against the cold wall of the cave.

Keary glanced back at me, “If only you could stop me.”

Well, Keary, taking a step into the dark side, are we? ;) Vote and comment, should you feel inclined! :D

Theo - Ithildae