5

I stood there observing his sister.... I felt absolutely useless and the memories of him are flashing back....

I can see him... In a hospital bed... Looking pale as ever... Chapped lips.... Red, puffy eyes... And his life hanging....
.
.
.
My brother....
.
.
.
.
My older brother.....
.
.
.
.
he cherished me... He loved me... He gave me the care of both parents... Yet...

I couldn't do anything but watch him die in front of my eyes.

I can remember the day... When he asked me...

'Do you cherish your life?'

That question is still running around in my head, it's still haunting me...even when I already have the answer.

I do.

I cherish my life....

" yooni? Yah." I snapped back to reality as I see fingers snapping in front of me.

" what?" I responded.

" visiting hours are over. We have to leave." He says.

I nodded and walked towards the door with him following. I stopped in my tracks and look back at the little girl fighting for her life.

I sighed and got out.

I walked towards the office lady and asked her some questions.

" hello. How may I help you?" She asked.

" can I speak to Jeon Sumi's Doctor?"

" oh Doctor Kim? Yeah sure." She smiled and grabbed the phone.

" dr. Kim? Ah yes. A patient's guardians wants to speak to you.... Yes... Okay... I'll send them up." She ended the call.

" go to the 10th floor and second door to your left." She said.

" thank you." I turn my back and start to walk.

" what do you think you are doing?" He ask walking behind me.

" what I am suppose to do. What else?"

" you can't just schedule to see her doctor?" He said.

" just did."

I stopped in front of the elevator and step in.

" why? Do you not want me to help her get better?" I looked at him in the eyes, face to face.

" I do, but-"

" but what? You don't want her to think you didn't pay for her medicines or help her through surgeries?" I asked and he had a look on his face that just yells out 'you got me' .

He sighs and crossed his hands over his chest.

" I've never have anyone help me like this before... So I don't know what to expect." He says.

" well... expect good things" I said as the door opened.

I walked to the second door on the left and knocked on it.

" come in."

I open the door to be greeted with a young doctor... Usually doctors are old.....why is he so young?
Anyways....
" hello. I'm here to discuss things about Jeon sumi" I said sitting down in the seat before him.

" yes. I have heard." He said also sitting down in his chair.

" so. What cancer does she have?" I asked

" lung cancer.... That's why it's very hard for her to breathe and settle." He says.

" okay. What surgery is planned for this?"