Tammy: Chapter 32

'Adrian I can't do this!' I said, looking at him wide eyed and panicked. He frowned and held my hand tightly.

'Tam, you can trust me. Ryan will be here to support you soon.'

'He won't! He's all the way in-' My sentence was cut short by another long, sharp, stabbing pain that hit my pelvic area. I doubled over in pain, clutching my round stomach and Adrian held me up to support me.

'A few more steps and we'll be inside the hospital, come on Tammy.' I couldn't. I didn't have the strength or energy to do it anymore. I just wanted Ryan here with me, it would at least make me feel a bit better but I was scared, too scared to do this without him.

'He's left me like you have, hasn't he? That's why he's not here.' I said and looked at Adrian.

'Ryan would never do that Tammy, he's just far away he'll be here. Have you called him?' I nodded and sat down in the wheelchair.

'We'd argued before so he turned his phone off, he won't know Adrian and he's going to miss the birth!' I grimaced in pain again and Adrian rubbed my shoulders.

'He will do everything in his power to be here Tammy you just need to relax, you're gonna stress yourself and the baby out.'

'Too late for that, I'm scared... I can't do this alone.' I said and hung my head down, I didn't think it would affect me but the fact Adrian had left me whilst I was pregnant with Janay and I went through two of the most traumatic experiences in my life (Birth and Labour) scared the living daylight out of me. I didn't have it in me to do it again.

'He should be here not you.' I said and Adrian nodded slowly.

'I know but he will be soon Tam, have faith yeah?'

'He's in fucking-' Once again another pain jolted through me and forced a tear down my cheek, I didn't remember labour as being this painful but it was certainly a different experience this time.

'Scotland!' I finished and Adrian's eyes widened.

'Tammy you really need to relax I think your stress is making the contractions feel a lot worse.'

'Oh what do you know Adrian? You're not a doctor and don't pretend to be interested in this baby when we both know you'd rather that I was never having it.' I said bluntly and he sighed.

'I'll just ignore that comment.' He said and I rolled my eyes.

'Do whatever the hell you want with it! I just fucking want Ryan not you! Call him!' I pointed at my bag and he took the phone out and called Ryan for me.

'It's ringing.' He said and handed me the phone. The nurse looked at me as if to say no phones.

'Don't fucking start with that, this is an emergency.' I snapped and she laughed lightly, she wheeled me through the corridor whilst Adrian walked beside me and finally he answered the phone.

'What do you want?'

'Ryan you need to get on the first plane here, I've gone into labour and I'm in hospital!' I said, quickly gasping for breath.

'WHAT?! You weren't due until next week! How the fuck am I gonna get there in time?! Who's with you-'

'Adrian but I can't do this without you, the contractions are getting closer and I don't think she's waiting around for anyone.' I said, rubbing my stomach as I felt an upcoming pain.

'We're having the baby! Tam, I'm so sorry for everything I said earlier and I promise you I'll be there at your side, no matter what, I'll get there. Love you.'