Tammy: Chapter Six

I rubbed Janay's back trying to get her to burp whilst I walked down the stairs and into the front room. Dante was sitting there with his eyes glued to the screen. I was struggling to pick up Janay's stuff and he just sat there completely ignoring me.

'Dante, can you help me please?' I asked and he slowly looked at me and then turned his attention to the screen again. I sighed and tried to pick up her bag but it was literally an impossible task to do without dropping Janay onto the floor. He slowly stood up and held his arms out.

'Pass her to me then.' I looked at him and carefully placed her in his arms, I had to adjust his arm a little bit to help him.

'Lift your arm up abit to support her head.' He did so and kept staring at her, I could see him smiling slightly and that made me smile inside. We hadn't spoken in ages and this was the first time he'd even looked at Janay let alone touch her.

'She's beautiful you know.' He said quietly still looking at her in amazement and I nodded.

'Yup she is, do you mind putting her in the pushchair for me?' He shook his head and carefully placed her inside of it. I smiled and picked up her bag and put it over my shoulder, I started walking towards the door but Dante blocked it.

'Tammy, I'm sorry. I was being a dick just because I didn't know how to handle the fact you were growing up.' I nodded slowly.

'Yeah, Dante I'm still sorry for everything with-'

'Don't bother to waste your breath saying his name, just make sure Ryan looks after you cos I swear I'll kill him if he hurts you in any way. I'm not just saying this because I'm your older brother but it's beacause I care and love you Tammy.' I smiled, this was the Dante I missed. The older brother who cared and not the older brother that was spiteful towards his neice. I left my house and walked until I got to Ryan's. I knocked and he opened the door yawning, he was dressed like he was going out and his eyes widened once he saw me.

'Oh rahh, I didn't expect to see you.' He said and stepped aside for me to walk in.

'I know sorry to turn up unannouced, I just wanted to get out.' He shrugged and took my bag for me. He kissed Janay on her cheek and me on my lips.

'You should let me have her for a couple of nights.' He said and I chewed my bottom lip. I could barely part from her for 10 minutes, he looked at me and nodded.

'I understand you probably don't want to seperate from her but I wanna try and help you, you're going back to college soon so I'm trying my hardest to get involved.' I smiled and kissed him on his cheek.

'I know you want to help Ryan but I'm gonna have to put her in daycare whilst I'm in college.'

'Nah you don't have to do that, I'm gonna be off for like 3 months so you should let me take her in the day.'

'No, I couldn't-'

'Please Tam?'

'Alright, fine but now I'm gonna feel bad.' He kissed me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

'No, don't feel bad anyway my mum wants to see her.' I looked at him unsure and he laughed lightly.

'Tammy, she's fine with us two infact she's proud I'm stepping up she even said so.' Wow, I guess it was okay then. I smiled and he held Janay and took her into the front room, I followed behind and his mum looked up from the tv and smiled.

'Awww, she's beautiful.' She said and Ryan placed Janay in her arms. She looked at her in amazement and then at me.

'You did an amazing job Tammy, I must admit.' She said and I laughed, well I guess I did :) Ryan stood up.