Tammy: Chapter 38

'You've hired a what?' I asked Dante, following him downstairs and into the kitchen he poured himself a glass of water and took a deep breath.

'A private investigator.' He said looking at me and I laughed, thinking he was joking but his look remained stern.

'Erm, with what money?! I told you, I could find out where Taylor is-'

'What Tammy? Through that manipulative bitch Erica? Do you ever think things through? This is more than just your little high school drama with her you know this is serious, and Taylor could be in serious danger.' He said and I sighed, he was right.

'They're saying it looks like she voluntarily ran away so they can't rule it as kidnap.' I rolled my eyes, just brilliant.

'This is just great, she wouldn't want to be a prostitute Dante you and I both know that-'

'Yeah she might not have wanted to be a prostitute but she might have felt neglected Tam, look at everything that's  been going on and no one has shown her any attention... that's probably what she's after from someone else-'

'What a dirty, psycho, prostituting whor-' My mum walked in the kitchen and I turned around, smiling. She barely looked at me as she walked over to the cupboard and took paracetamol down. I felt bad that there was nothing I could do to get Taylor home quicker, mum was losing sleep over it.

'How are you feeling?' I asked and she shrugged.

'My youngest daughter has gone missing, she's ran away Tammy and she wanted to get away from us so I feel like I've failed as a parent thank you for asking.' She said and slammed her glass down on the counter once she'd down the pill with water and left the room. I shook my head and Dante cleared his throat.

'Well, I'm going with the investigator and Chloe to go roam the streets she could have possibly went.' He said and hugged me before leaving the house, I sighed and went back upstairs to my room where Adrian was sitting on my bed, he smiled and patted the space next to him. I sat there and twirled with my hair as he looked at me.

'You know something Tam?' He said and I looked at him.

'What's that?'

'You're strong you know, we will find Taylor and make sure the right people go down for this yeah?' I nodded slowly but I just had this gut instinct that something wasn't right, and something bad was going to happen, something none of us could reverse or change.

'What if we  don't? Then what am I supposed to say to my mum? I've already disappointed her enough and I want to find Taylor, I want my little sister to be safe.' I said and he nodded, putting his arm around me I rested my head on his shoulder and calmed down. Although nothing had happened between Adrian and I since it caused my break up with Ryan, I was starting to feel a real connection with him again one that I used to felt and I missed. It was different to Ryan's because I literally couldn't control how I felt about Adrian whereas with Ryan I could look at him now and feel nothing. I used to dream of the day I'd wake up and feel nothing for Ryan, how scared I got thinking about it and now that it's happened I just simply had to adjust.

'I'm gonna do everything I can to help you all, I owe it to this family.' He said, sincerely. I looked up at him as he locked eyes with me and I sat up, not breaking eye contact with him and I frowned.

'You've changed.' I said, quietly. Noticing that this wasn't the same boy I'd fell in love with at 16, that I was naive enough to believe would stay and support me when he had nothing to give me, not even love. He'd matured. He'd become a man and I was finally starting to realise that the 22 year old in front of me was the same physical person I'd fell in love with but he'd become a different person.