Chapter 27

The newly form alliance raced through the city as it headed towards the plantation. Sambuca's car had taken a beating from it run-in with Madison, but it still had a lot live left. The squeals of the tire wreaked the ears of the trio as the burning rubber overpowered their scent of smell. The car flew over small bumps and swells in the roads as it exited the city limits. The plantation was twenty miles away and at the rate of speed they were driving, they would have no problem reaching the mansion before daybreak.

The tall fully covered trees reached over the single road creating a tunneled towards the mansion. The darkness was only pierced by car's headlights. The sharp turns and curves caught Sambuca off guard at times as he corrected the steering of his car. As they approached the outskirts of the plantation, Sambuca noticed a large oak tree falling onto the road.

"Shit!" Sambuca yelled out as he had to make a split decision. He couldn't get passed the tree without getting crush by its massive weight. So, he slammed on brakes and hoped for the best. The wheels locked as the slid on the road. The tree crashed onto the pavement, crushing the road and ground underneath. The car's wheels blew out as it rims sparks on the asphalt. The car turned to the side so that the driver side of the car would impact the fallen tree. The airbags exploded in the faces Sambuca and his daughter, shunning them both. The tree did to the car that Madison couldn't do.

The crushed driver's side was enough to kill most people, but Sambuca was going to let a lucky tree and his bad luck ruined this night. The other two passengers were okay, only suffering bruises and scrapes.

"Everybody okay?" Sambuca yelled.

"It just had my period," Ciara said in the joking matter. "But, I can carry on."

Chloe threw her head back. "I shouldn't be able to feel this much pain," she said as she felt her chest tightening.

"You are a vampire," Sambuca reminded. "You will heal."

Ciara opened the passenger's side door spilled out and fell on the road. Sambuca followed her out of the car. Chloe's kicked open her car door, watching it crash into some of the trees on the side of the road.

"We can rest when the Mistress is dead," Chloe hollered as she helped up Ciara. "We have to move quickly."

"Agreed," Sambuca said. "We have to strike before sunrise." Why did the slayers want to attack at night? The day would be better, due to the vampire weaken or dominated state during that time. But there was an old rule that diminished that opportunity. As vampires couldn't enter a dwelling if not properly invite by the owner. No mortal could enter a vampire lair during the daytime. It was a strange balance of protection that the supernatural world created it.

"I'm only one-fourth vampire," Ciara said. "I need to rest a little."

"Bullshit, girl," Sambuca said. He kneed in front of Ciara. "Hop on."

###

Kendra's eyes shot open. "They are approaching." The young Opito broke out on a trace. "The three will be here in a matter of minutes."

"It is time to kill this," the Mistress said. She opened the door to her lair and the two walked out to meet with the others. "Prepare for battle!" The Mistress called out.

Madison and Sarah tingled themselves from each other and got dressed and met Kendra and the Mistress in the living room.

"No more pussy footing around," Madison said. She looked at Sarah. "Are you ready chica?"

Sarah laughed. "There is so much I want to tell Ciara. Right before I kill her."

"You will have your chance, Sarah," Lilith said. "I hoped all of you enjoyed each other?"