Chapter 17: Watched

'Suzanne Figgs, a seventeen year old High School student of Riverpond has been reported missing since December 19, 2016. The girl has red hair, brown eyes, 5'3 in height with noticeable mole on the left side of her lower lip. Suzanne was also known for being top player of volleyball team of Riverpond Lady Ravens.'

It was the first paragraph flashed on the screen from Daily River News.

"She's the first missing girl," Luke muttered.

"Second." Melody corrected.

I cleared the search box and typed Diana Neumann.

'Diana Elizabeth Neumann, who was famous of her charitable affairs, has been lately reported missing. She's known in her former school, Riverpond High School as the compassionate girl who's always leading anti-animal abuse programmes in the said school.'

I didn't finish the whole paragraph and went for another name. Margaret Sommers.

'Margaret Sommers, a highschool top notcher of Riverpond High School who became famous after winning a Math quiz bee in a TV programme went missing last April 17, 2017--'

I erased her name from the search box and typed, Shiela Lysander and open the outdated Daily River News article.

'A junior student of Riverpond Highschool, Shiela Lysander was reported missing last June 15, 2017. The undeniable pretty girl was popular for being the face of Riverpond Highschool and also known for her bright opinions about political issues and was a talented speaker at the very young age.'

I was about to erase the context in the search box when Luke held my hand. "Amanda used to be the editor-in-chief of River Whisper, she's the nosy girl we hates so much, remember?"

My eyes locked on Luke's as I nodded my head in agreement. "These girls are not just a typical highschoolers."

"Jenner was the cheerleader and as of Megan, does it need saying?" Luke slumped down on my bed, brushing a fingers all the way through his hair.

"They were either famous, beautiful or brainy." Melody stated.

I was working on a different thought. Then what about me? Why did Dylan abduct me? I'm neither famous, beautiful nor smart. I'm just your normal-boring high school girl who would skip her class to spend a day with her crush.

"Why me?" I whispered almost to myself but Luke overheard me.

"That's right. Why you?" he snapped.

"Why her? What why her?" Melody who's among us, was the most confuse, questioned.

"She's been a victim," Luke told her, giving me the desire to staple his mouth.

"What?!" Melody propped up, looking scandalized. Oh God, not now. "You've been held of this mad kidnapper and you never say a thing to me?!"

I threw an I-will-kill-you-later glare at Luke before standing up to face Melody.

"I'm planning to tell you but--"

"Screw it! Tell me who is he. Tell me now." that's why I never told her.

"I didn't saw his face, he's wearing a mask. He brought me in some underground room which I can't really remember now Melody. Please--"

"Have you tell the cops?"

"No."

"Shit!" Melody cursed, throwing her hands at either side of her waist. She turned to Luke, releasing an invisible steam out of her nose and ears. "And you!"