Chapter 3: Punishment

Dylan O'Brien as Luke Andrew Jensen

✒✒✒

I was very glad that Dylan doesn't interrogate me about the bicycle incident with Luke. Dylan spends most of his time in the attic when at home.

I've never been there since my stay here. He forbids me to step even in those stairs, he said that's where he's doing lesson plans and other stuff.

Dylan didn't go out from the attic since he arrive, I doubt if he will ever join me on dinner with these meals that's already cold. I stood up and put everything back in the ref, Dylan might eat in the middle of the night.

He only sleeps three hours a day and I wonder where he's getting the strength to kill and teach at the same time. Maybe that's one of the advantages when you are a psycho.

I can't help feeling sad, not talking to him for a day was making me sick. Like my day isn't complete without him kissing me before going to bed, or at least the usual embrace I get after he's satisfied with the food I cooked.

With another sigh, I began walking towards my room. As I passed by the the corridor leading down the basement, I swear I heard a very faint noise...as if someone's crying inside for who knows how long. I took a step down the stairs and the weep was getting louder. I pressed my ear on the metal door and finally heard it clearly.

Jenner was still alive, but her breathing lurches as if something's blocking her airways. A muffled sound of cries was even painful to hear. I tip toed upstairs to check any signs of Dylan. After three minutes of waiting, I goes back to the basement door. I get the key behind the portrait hanging by the wall. It's a painting of two kids, one boy and a girl. They both have their faces smudged off by various color of dried paint.

I inserted the key in the keyhole and carefully twisted the knob until the lock clicked. The cries inside stopped for a second until I opened the door with enough gap for my body to slip inside. The lights were off, the strong stench of blood hurts my nostrils. I instinctively reached for the light's switch and pressed it on.

The scene before me was the most horrifying thing ever. I turned on my back and resisted to throw up. If Dylan finds any trace that I've been here, he will surely punish me.

"E-e...elp...elm.." I can't help my tears to fall, my knees were shaking and I don't know if I could look at her again.

There was a metal pipe stuck halfway through Jenner's throat. The reason why she's still alive is beyond my concern right now. Her eyes were sewn shut. I thought at first she was wearing something but as I finally managed to look at her again, Jenner was coated with her own blood. There were mechanic tools sitting on the table next to her, all of it were covered with blood. A paint brush was laying on the floor, surely Dylan used it to paint her body with her blood.