Chapter 27

Cameo by Billie Piper as Rose Tyler.

& that was it,then! All Campbell needed was a lil help from his friends. Mrs. Cohen was forced to call the coppers to save herself from the young, angry mob and the students were eventually jailed. Unfortunately, this further led to angst from the young protesters' parents who mobbed the police, threatening to sue Mrs. Cohen and they were soon realized with a warning.
Now, Mrs. Cohen was forced to let things go back to the way they were. The inmates were glad to have their much-loved radio station back and Jason was once again the jolly young boy with the gigantic smile pasted permanently on his face as he sat behind the desk. Only this time, along with his sister, he also had another pretty lass for company- Anastasia, who was officially his girlfriend now! He let her croon some of her original songs over the mic and soon she had her own segment, since the inmates found her voice soothing.
Frightened she might elicit more protests from the students, Mrs. Cohen promised Campbell his job at uni back as well, but he didn't take it. Why, you ask?
Well, after hearing what'd happened, BBC wanted their ballsy, bonkers RJ back and so he returned to being Scotland's much-loved radio jockey once more, after one last tear-jerking group hug with his class, of course!
******
"It's lil Avril's first Christmas, innit? Isn't it, sweetum?" Campbell, clad in the bright Christmas sweater that Ivy'd knitted for him, flashed his wife a dimpled grin as she took a break from stirring a pot on the stove to coo at their lil cherub, playing with the tyke and her siblings at the dinner table while her brightly-dressed husband strod into the next room to answer the front door.
"Hullo! Merry Christmas, mate! Gotcha a lil present, me an' the girlfriend!" the man  at the door (Who looked like he'd lost oodles of weight since the last time) clad in the stylish beige suit greeted. "Oi, you! Merry Christmas! So, did Richard Branson give ya a big Xmas bonus or what? An' who's this, then?" Campbell greeted, enthusiastically wrapping his skinny arms around Fergus as he spoke.
"That's er. This is my girlfriend. Rose, I told ya bout Campbell." Fergus introduced, as a bespectacled blonde appeared behind him. "Hullo, hi, hey! Brilliant! I've heard so much of ya over the radio, plus he can't stop talkin bout ya! I'm Rose Tyler, nice to meet ya." his chum's lady-love exclaimed, stretching out a gaudy pink mittened hand towards Campbell for a handshake, but instead being pulled into a bone-crushing hug by him!
"Wow! Ya really do have a girlfriend, eh?" Campbell exclaimed in surprise, on seeing that she was indeed not a figment of Fergus' imagination! "Aye! She's my rock, she is. Can't tell ya the number o' times she's comforted me when those hallucinations an' voices terrorized me, ya know? Even put me on a diet, she did. Real supportive o' me, she is, my Rose. An' she's super smart too! Top engineer at NASA, she is!" a lovestruck Fergus praised proudly, nuzzling her snowflake covered, blonde locks lovingly as he spoke. She reciprocated the love with a peck to his stubbly  chin.
"Aww, I just can't get enough of my growly Fergy bear! This fella! Fiancee, actually...or did ya forget bout it, ya big lug?" she reminded, nudging him before pulling off a mitten as she flashed her engagement ring. Wide-eyed at first on seeing the size of the diamond, Campbell congratulated the couple on their engagement.
"Aye, right! Proposed to er on our trip to Norway on this beautiful beach called...what was it, love?" a forgetful Fergus recounted. "It was called Dårlig Ulv-Stranden, better known as the  Bad Wolf Bay. Serene place, ya should visit sometime. Just spot-on, it was!" a blushing Rose agreed with a tongue-biting grin, hugging her fiance's arm as she spoke and resting her head on his shoulder, glowing at the thought of spending the rest of her life with him. "That's fantastic!" Campbell cried out, happy for his friend.
"Ya know what? It's weird...but, I can't put my finger on it...but, it seems like I've seen ya before, Campbell. Like I know ya from somewhere, ya know?" she muttered, looking up from Fergus' shoulder and cocking her head at their host and looking him up and down as if trying to place where she'd seen his familiar face before. Campbell raised an eyebrow at the woman whom he was meeting for the first time.
"Maybe from the countless billboards for BBC radio? This bastard's face is plastered all o'er Glasgow, Leith, Edinburgh, London...honestly, everywhere ya go, love!" Fergus cut in, as if answering on Campbell's behalf. "Right...That must be it." she decided to shrug it off after a long pause, breaking into a satisfied smile on hearing her fiance's explanation for it. "How rude o' me. C'mon in, ya two, before ya freeze yer arses off!" Campbell quickly invited them in, offering to take Rose's multicolored scarf and coat from her as he led them inside for the remainder of the evening.

The end