Chapter 2

Grace’s P.O.V-

            I always tease Bre about how we became friends.  It was seventh grade at approximately 3:35 pm and I was rushing to get my stubborn lock open so I could catch the bus.  Once I had all my books, I pivoted to head towards the door when I heard I high-pitched voice yell after me, "Grace, wait!"

            I turned around to see the new girl running towards me and remembered thinking how the bun in her hair was about to come undone.  Together, we made a beeline to our bus and dove into the nearest free seat we could find.  From there, we've been inseparable.

            She stood before me now with slightly rosy cheeks from the heat outside.  She pushed her hair out of her face and asked, “So what did you want to talk to me about?”

      “Umm,” I hesitated, “Later, okay?”

            She crossed her arms and gave me that are-you-kidding-me look, but shook her head, “Like I said on the phone, you owe me after this.”

            I laughed and turned towards Blake, “Bre, this is Blake and his older brother, Adam,” I introduced them.

            I saw shock cross Bre’s face when she first saw them, but then it vanished in an instant and she shook their hands.  She turned back towards me, “Do you at least have your iPod?” she asked.

            I nodded and pulled my iPod Touch out of my pocket. 

            “You had your iPod this entire time?” exploded Adam.  I nodded, a bit confused.  “Does it have speakers?” he asked. 

            I nodded again, “Do you want to pick a song?”  Adam nodded eagerly and I handed him my iPod. 

            Surprise crossed his face as he scrolled through my songs.  “Nice music,” he commented.

            “Thanks."  A moment later, My Apocalypse by Escape The Fate was blasting from my iPod.  I brightened, “Oh my gosh!  This is my favorite song!”

            “This is me and my little bro-bro’s song,” Adam said while putting his hand on Blake’s shoulder.  Blake just grinned and shoved Adam’s arm off of him and soon, they were wrestling each other and laughing.

            Little bro-bro? I thought to myself.  I smiled as I watched Blake snatch my iPod from Adam and they both burst out laughing.  That’s a cute nickname, they must be close.

            All four of us started to sing the lyrics to My Apocalypse and people started to stare at us.  Screw them.  I loved watching their expressions when the screaming came on.  Blake and Adam started belting out the chorus.  All of the head turns when Blake started to scream the lines.

            “Destroy the GUILLOTINE!”

            “Before he does!  I walk with shadows!” sang Adam.

            “Just have to find a better way!” Blake screamed.

      “I walk with shadows!”

            An elderly women came out of the nurse’s office, “Shhhh!” she said harshly.  She glared at the four of us and then disappeared back into the office.  Blake and Adam started laughing hysterically, but they stopped singing/screaming.

            "I'm sorry, but what in God's name was that," Bre exclaimed

      “Screaming?  Or singing...however you want to view it really," Blake said